Windows 10: sound driver not available

Discus and support sound driver not available in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sound is not working on my dell latitude, windows 10 professional laptop. I pulled up device manager and tried to update driver, but none is available.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DannyPaul1, Oct 12, 2018.

1. sound driver not available

Sound is not working on my dell latitude, windows 10 professional laptop. I pulled up device manager and tried to update driver, but none is available.

:)

DannyPaul1, Oct 12, 2018

2. After installing Windows 10 sound driver is not available in Device Manager and issues with sound.

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if sound driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "there is nothing in the device manager for sound gone", is the sound driver available in the Device Manager driver list?
    • Are you getting any error message on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on issue with sound on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 12, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

sound driver not available

Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

sound driver not available

1. sound driver not available - Similar Threads - sound driver available

2. sounds driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sounds driver: the sounds driver keep being uninsall windows 11 dell vostro 3500 I tried everything I tried to update the driver and uninstall it and disable it but after I restart the computer and after a while it's either disabled or uninstalled by its own...
  3. Sound drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound drivers: Hello, I have a problem. I had connected my notebook to a TV with HDMI cable. When I disconnected it, sound doesn't work on computer anymore. I tried updating drivers and even reinstalled windows, but it doesn't help. It shows that NVIDIA output is off, but I can't turn it...
  4. SOUND Drivers

SOUND Drivers: When I turn up the volume on my PC, the screen goes dark. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-drivers/6e28796f-5294-4d01-826e-1b43d64af891
  5. Driver of sound

Driver of sound: Good evening! I need some help. I have a computer with W10 System Operation and my system has 32 bits. I didn't found a driver of sound to 32 bits, anywhere location. I acessed the Realtek's but I think thats drivers doesnt exist. Please, I need this driver to listenning my...
  6. no sound or driver?

no sound or driver?: no sound or driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-or-driver/d4b4668e-23cd-475e-adff-e84d4976b3c1
  7. Sound driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound driver: How do I reinstall IDT Audio? I accidentally uninstalled it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-driver/5a30b7b5-6e47-4ff3-bc84-82ccbedea7aa
  8. drivers for sound

drivers for sound: So im gonna put this out here since I'll probably fix it on my own because I can do that. I know how to deal with drivers, but this is ****. My computer did a maintenance update last night that caused a few issues. The worst of which is probably it completely deleting my...
  9. Intel Audio Drivers no longer available under the Sound Manager

Intel Audio Drivers no longer available under the Sound Manager: So this morning 10/11/2018 before I started work, I had to restart my Windows 10 laptop. After I had restarted the computer, the audio manager is no longer working and I have no audio devices being noticed. I have done most things I can think of to try to fix it; ex. update...
  10. Drivers not available

Drivers not available: I was previously running windows 7 64 bit on my laptop and now upgraded to windows 10 64 bit but the drivers for windows 10 are not available on my manufacturer's website so what can I do....