Windows 10: Sound driver not working build 1803

Discus and support Sound driver not working build 1803 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi My sister has been using Windows 10 (1709 ) with not no issues so far. We noticed that the old hard drive was dying so she bought an SSD and she... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MCardona81, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Sound driver not working build 1803

Hi

My sister has been using Windows 10 (1709 ) with not no issues so far. We noticed that the old hard drive was dying so she bought an SSD and she asked me to install it, so I did a fresh install of Windows 10 (1803). The problem the problem Im facing now is that I have no sound . I instaled the drivers that are avaliable on the web site of the motherboard (ECS H81H3-M4), The installation runs smooth, I reboot the PC but still no sound, I have installed multiple driver versions of the sound driver and still no luck.

The last thing I tried was to plug my old Hard drive (SATA II 7200rpm) and to my surpries the sound worked fine!!!. The only diference was the that hard drive has an older version of Windows 10 (build 1709).

PC specs :
    Motherboard : ECS H81H3-M4
    CPU : intel core i3 4160
    RAM : 8gb dd3 ADATA 1600mhz
    SSD : ADATA su650 (no sound with win10 1803)
    HD : Matrox 160gb SATAII 7200rpm (sound works with win10 1709)
    PSU : Thermaltake TR2 600w

Any help would be apreciated

:)

MCardona81, Sep 22, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound driver not working build 1803 :p

cadaveca, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Sound driver not working build 1803

Sound drivers not working.

Hi Josh,

I suggest you follow the given steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Click on the drop down arrow beside Check Device Manager for different options to troubleshoot.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Sound driver not working build 1803

1. Sound driver not working build 1803 - Similar Threads - Sound driver working

2. Sound drivers are not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound drivers are not working properly: Hi Team,Sound is not audible, I have tried to troubleshoot and found might be drivers are outdated. I have tried to update drivers but could not do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-drivers-are-not-working-properly/950a1967-1bf6-488c-a1ff-b2ac0f605f41
  3. Sound Driver not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Driver not working: Hi, I've been having this problem for a while, my sound will go completely out on my computer. It's not the volume, and looking at the device manager, there's a problem with Intel Smart Sound Technology IntelR SST OED Properties. It'll have the error as this: Windows has...
  4. New build, no sound, will not install audio driver - Win10 build 1903

New build, no sound, will not install audio driver - Win10 build 1903: Hi, I have two identical newly built computers, and the onboard sound is not working on one of the two. Here are the specs for both: Gigabyte B450 DS3H motherboard AMD Ryzen 5 2400G CPU w/Wraith Stealth cooler G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-16GVGB memory modules, two 8 GB...
  5. WinKey+L key does not work on Build 1803.

in Windows 10 Support
    WinKey+L key does not work on Build 1803.: Hi - Using W10 Pro x64: I noticed when I had to fully restore a system that the WinKey+L key combination does not work. Took a look on Google but no luck. The WinKey is not working with a few other shortcuts as well. Very strange. Any assistance appreciated! TIA *Sleepy...
  6. Japanese IME Not Working - build 1803

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME Not Working - build 1803: After upgrading a machine to 1803 from 1709, the Japanese IME is no longer working. I've google extensively on this issue and it appears to be a known 1803 issue, but none of the workarounds seem to be working. To elaborate, when Right clicking on the "A" in the taskbar,...
  7. Dark Theme won't work on build 1803

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Theme won't work on build 1803: Hey guys, just updated to windows 10, Build 1803. I was really pumped on the new Dark Theme offered by Windows but it only partially works. When I select dark theme, the settings window (and some other apps) will turn dark, but File Explorer and everything else does not....
  8. build 1803 Alienware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    build 1803 Alienware: I have an Alienware R17. After trying to update to 1803, I received an error and that update was not successful. I later became aware that build 1803 is not yet compatible with Alienware R17. In fact, Microsoft have blocked some Alienware units from receiving the update...
  9. Updated to 1803 and drivers won't work

Updated to 1803 and drivers won't work: Hi all, I updated my Hp Probook 450 G4 to 1803 and many drivers are broken now e.g. graphics card, hotkeys. Also I noticed night light isn't working for me. Anyone experiencing issues with their drivers? 109051
  10. Updated to 1803 and drivers won't work

Updated to 1803 and drivers won't work: Problem device: Code: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916&SUBSYS_8231103C&REV_02\3&11583659&2&10 43[/quote] Troubleshoot with these steps: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-error-code-43 If the above works then you are set. If the above fails then...