Windows 10: Sound Driver not working

Discus and support Sound Driver not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having this problem for a while, my sound will go completely out on my computer. It's not the volume, and looking at the device manager,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SRG228, Feb 23, 2020.

1. SRG228 Win User

Sound Driver not working

Hi,

I've been having this problem for a while, my sound will go completely out on my computer. It's not the volume, and looking at the device manager, there's a problem with Intel Smart Sound Technology IntelR SST OED Properties. It'll have the error as this:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43

FW dump detected.

I've disabled it and re-enabled it, uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and even uninstalled it with deleting the driver software on the device and then reinstalling a new one, but all of these fixes only work temporarily. The sound will go out again once I pause a video or music.

I'm up to date as far as updates go and I've restarted the computer countless times but that fix is also temporary.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this on my own?

I have a 64 bit Dell Windows 10 XPS 13 9380.

:)

SRG228, Feb 23, 2020

2. Sound drivers not working.

Hi Josh,

I suggest you follow the given steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Click on the drop down arrow beside Check Device Manager for different options to troubleshoot.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Sound doesn't work - but driver won't reinstall

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I would suggest you to go to the device manager and check if the sound drivers are installed. If installed please update the drivers and check.

Step 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager, expand “sound, video and game controllers”
      and check if any sound drivers are installed.

• If yes, right click on the driver and hit update.
    Or else go the manufacturer website and install the latest driver.

Step 2: Also run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Sound Driver not working

Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Sound Driver not working

1. Sound Driver not working - Similar Threads - Sound Driver working

2. Sound drivers are not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound drivers are not working properly: Hi Team,Sound is not audible, I have tried to troubleshoot and found might be drivers are outdated. I have tried to update drivers but could not do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-drivers-are-not-working-properly/950a1967-1bf6-488c-a1ff-b2ac0f605f41
  3. Sound drivers are not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound drivers are not working properly: Hi Team,Sound is not audible, I have tried to troubleshoot and found might be drivers are outdated. I have tried to update drivers but could not do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-drivers-are-not-working-properly/950a1967-1bf6-488c-a1ff-b2ac0f605f41
  4. Sound problems left channel of sound driver are not working properly

Sound problems left channel of sound driver are not working properly: Sound problems left channel of sound driver are not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-problems-left-channel-of-sound-driver-are/9b1c216d-7cd2-455f-a720-a67cd8ba5932
  5. Sound problems left channel of sound driver are not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problems left channel of sound driver are not working properly: Sound problems left channel of sound driver are not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-problems-left-channel-of-sound-driver-are/9b1c216d-7cd2-455f-a720-a67cd8ba5932
  6. Touch and Sound drivers do not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch and Sound drivers do not work: I just bought tesla 2 w8 notebook computer.After installing new windows my sound and touch drivers do not work.The funny thing is the touch works in bois set up.I have tried updating from device manager, windows update and drivers online but nothing.Please help...
  7. Touch and Sound drivers do not work

Touch and Sound drivers do not work: I just bought tesla 2 w8 notebook computer.After installing new windows my sound and touch drivers do not work.The funny thing is the touch works in bois set up.I have tried updating from device manager, windows update and drivers online but nothing.Please help...
  8. Sound Drivers abruptly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Drivers abruptly stopped working.: I'm unsure of where to post this, sorry if it's in the wrong subreddit for this kinda thing. I have an HP Elitedesk 800 G1, and recently my audio drivers have stopped working. I have an i5-4570 with an NVIDIA GTX 1650, running Windows 10 64-bit OS Build 18363.535. Realtek...
  9. Sound is not working after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound is not working after updating drivers: I ran the recommended updates on my drivers and after that for some reason I did not have any sound. Has anyone else had this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-not-working-after-updating-drivers/0ac99e9d-e3a7-409c-884f-beb4f26039a0
  10. Sound driver not working build 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound driver not working build 1803: Hi My sister has been using Windows 10 (1709 ) with not no issues so far. We noticed that the old hard drive was dying so she bought an SSD and she asked me to install it, so I did a fresh install of Windows 10 (1803). The problem the problem Im facing now is that I have no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pilote oed intel smart sound code 10