Windows 10: Sound Drivers abruptly stopped working.

Discus and support Sound Drivers abruptly stopped working. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm unsure of where to post this, sorry if it's in the wrong subreddit for this kinda thing. I have an HP Elitedesk 800 G1, and recently my audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TuckDaDuk, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Sound Drivers abruptly stopped working.

I'm unsure of where to post this, sorry if it's in the wrong subreddit for this kinda thing.

I have an HP Elitedesk 800 G1, and recently my audio drivers have stopped working.

I have an i5-4570 with an NVIDIA GTX 1650, running Windows 10 64-bit OS Build 18363.535.

Realtek will not show up under playback devices at all, like it used to. I'm unsure of when this error started occuring.

I've uninstalled and installed the HP Realtek audio drivers (2018) and the standard Realtek audio drivers (2017) many times, but still cannot get them to work, or show up under device manager (even under hidden devices).

In Device Manager, there are 4 different versions of the generic High Definition Audio Driver from Windows, 3 of the 4 have a yellow error icon next to them, and one of them is completely hidden.

In Service Manager, the Windows Audio Service is running, and has no errors. However, the Realtek Audio service will not start at all, as attempting to run it gives an "Error Code 2: Files missing", or something along those lines.

I've already tried the troubleshooter to no avail, aswell as checking startup settings and repairing the driver. Nothing works.

The only audio driver I can get to work is my Oculus Virtual Audio Device driver.

I'm completely stumped on what to do.

Thanks in advance, Tucker

submitted by /u/TuckDaDuk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TuckDaDuk, Mar 14, 2021

2. Microsoft High Definition Audio Device Driver Abruptly Stopped Working

I had switched to the Microsoft driver, because the original Realtek audio driver had a lag in starting sounds. The Microsoft driver worked very well for a long time, but, this week, abruptly stopped working altogether. I have the Realtek driver installed
    again, and am getting sound through the line out to my external speakers just fine, so it is not a hardware issue. I have gone back and forth several times, and, each time, the Realtek works (albeit, with its characteristic lag) and the Microsoft driver makes
    no sound at all. Please advise.

AaronMorris1, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Microsoft High Definition Audio Device Driver Abruptly Stopped Working

I tried the steps you suggested, but the symptoms remain the same. I HAVE to use the Realtek driver to get any sound to my external speakers. The Microsoft High Definition Audio will get sound to my laptop's onboard speakers, but not out the line out.
    The Realtek driver still has the delay at the beginning of playing any audio. I found that the the Plug and Play service was not set to automatic, so I changed it so it now does, but of possible significance is that there is no "Multimedia Class Scheduler"
    on my list of services. Please advise.

AaronMorris1, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Sound Drivers abruptly stopped working.

Sound drivers not working.

Hi Josh,

I suggest you follow the given steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Click on the drop down arrow beside Check Device Manager for different options to troubleshoot.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Sound Drivers abruptly stopped working.

1. Sound Drivers abruptly stopped working. - Similar Threads - Sound Drivers abruptly

2. Screenshot Win+PrtSc abruptly stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screenshot Win+PrtSc abruptly stopped working: I rely heavily on my laptop's screenshot functionality. Pressing the Windows and Print Screen keys has always instantly saved a screenshot to my Screenshots folder. However, a couple days ago, this stopped doing anything, there's absolutely no response. I'm not aware of any...
  3. Abruptly stopping of Wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Abruptly stopping of Wifi: Hello There,I got W10 and I'm facing wifi problems from some days.While using my Laptop, wifi stops working it shows no network and when I try to restart it through taskbar it stops but after that it doesn't start. I also checked the services where it shows that the WLAN...
  4. Abruptly stopping of Wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Abruptly stopping of Wifi: Hello There,I got W10 and I'm facing wifi problems from some days.While using my Laptop, wifi stops working it shows no network and when I try to restart it through taskbar it stops but after that it doesn't start. I also checked the services where it shows that the WLAN...
  5. Abruptly stopping of Wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Microsoft High Definition Audio Device Driver Abruptly Stopped Working

Microsoft High Definition Audio Device Driver Abruptly Stopped Working: I had switched to the Microsoft driver, because the original Realtek audio driver had a lag in starting sounds. The Microsoft driver worked very well for a long time, but, this week, abruptly stopped working altogether. I have the Realtek driver installed again, and am...
  7. Bluetooth abruptly stopped working

Bluetooth abruptly stopped working: Running Windows 10 Home and my Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. It was working earlier tonight. I've tried updating drivers, checking the system for updates, and running the Bluetooth troubleshooter and nothing works. Bluetooth is "not available" and there isn't even an...
  8. Cortana stops abruptly

in Cortana
    Cortana stops abruptly: Whenever I open Cortana and try to input voice it automatically stops abruptly and in the task manager it is shown as suspended.......help me fix this problem as fast as possible and I will be thankful if I can get the details about this UWP process. [ATTACH]...
  9. bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working

bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working: Windows 10 Pro x64 Logitech M535 mouse My mouse stopped working while using my computer. (Yes, I changed the battery just in case.) In the process of troubleshooting and several failed attempts to restore use of my mouse, I noticed a few noteworthy things: 1) Bluetooth is...
  10. bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working: Windows 10 Pro x64 Logitech M535 mouse My mouse stopped working while using my computer. (Yes, I changed the battery just in case.) In the process of troubleshooting and several failed attempts to restore use of my mouse, I noticed a few noteworthy things: 1) Bluetooth is...