Windows 10: Sound drivers cannot be installed

Discus and support Sound drivers cannot be installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good day, I have re-installed windows. Installed all of the drivers provided by my manufacturer. I cannot get the sound to work. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PrenCyborg, May 5, 2020.

1. Sound drivers cannot be installed

Good day,

I have re-installed windows.

Installed all of the drivers provided by my manufacturer.

I cannot get the sound to work.

I have tried everything I know how, and have read everything already on this forum.

After installing my manufacturers driver, I get this error "Device ACPI\808622A8\1 requires further installation."

Please note, that this is after I re-installed windows. Prior to re-installing windows, all drivers worked and functioned fully.

I re-installed windows to help facilitate the removal of unwanted software, I regret this decision as I know have a computer without any sound.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

:)

PrenCyborg, May 5, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, May 5, 2020
  3. Sound doesn't work - but driver won't reinstall

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I would suggest you to go to the device manager and check if the sound drivers are installed. If installed please update the drivers and check.

Step 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager, expand “sound, video and game controllers”
      and check if any sound drivers are installed.

• If yes, right click on the driver and hit update.
    Or else go the manufacturer website and install the latest driver.

Step 2: Also run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, May 5, 2020
  4. Sound drivers cannot be installed

Anyone else have no sound after installing Windows 10 build 10240?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Do you get sound with basic windows drivers?

I suggest you try the following steps:

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Expand Sound video and Gaming , Select the Audio adapter, right click on un-install.

• Restart the computer.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Sound drivers cannot be installed

1. Sound drivers cannot be installed - Similar Threads - Sound drivers cannot

2. Sound driver properly installed, but no sound at all.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound driver properly installed, but no sound at all.: Hi,My laptop suddenly couldn't play any sound at all. I tried reinstalling the driver using the one that provided from the manufacturer, restarting the services and restarting the system so many times and none worked. I would really appreciate any help for this, this is my...
  3. Cannot install drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install drivers: I've been having issues with Bluetooth speakers and now AUX cable speakers and both times I've tried to uninstall the drivers and update them only to find out that Windows can find the drivers but cannot install them. I even tried downloading the install file and manually...
  4. Cannot install drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install drivers: I've been having issues with Bluetooth speakers and now AUX cable speakers and both times I've tried to uninstall the drivers and update them only to find out that Windows can find the drivers but cannot install them. I even tried downloading the install file and manually...
  5. Cannot install drivers

6. Sound driver won't install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound driver won't install: My sound driver doesn't work and i tried installing Realtek HD Audio Driver and it won't install. It just restarts with the same issue. submitted by /u/Profound_Psyche [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g2zgsg/sound_driver_wont_install/
  7. Could not install the sound driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could not install the sound driver: Sir, I could not install the realtek audio driver for my pc windows 10. And the error code is 0x803FB005. How can i fix this. If you are helping me i will be very grateful to you....
  8. Creative Sound BlasterX Katana cannot install USB driver

Creative Sound BlasterX Katana cannot install USB driver: I brought new sound blasterX katana firstly I connected with PC by Bluetooth, it's work find then I updated firmware and install sound blaster connect. After lunch sound blaster connect it's notified "your audio device cannot be detected please check your connection". I...
  9. Cannot install driver for sound card

Cannot install driver for sound card: I have an Asus Xonar DGX sound card installed and I have tried to install the driver from the CD disk but will not do anything with it . Any ideas greatly appreciated 120297
  10. driver cannot be installed

driver cannot be installed: I have a windows 10 OS. Epson WF2760 Wireless printer. They have worked great for 4 months. I came back from holiday and now they are not working. No one has changed any settings and both items were left at home om the network. Both items are connected to the network and can...