Windows 10: Sound Drivers Don't Function After Installing Windows 10

Discus and support Sound Drivers Don't Function After Installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; remove Realtek via the Programs and Features list in Control Panel (opt to uninstall/remove) then run a registry cleaner - like CCleaner to get rid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Apollo, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Sound Drivers Don't Function After Installing Windows 10

remove Realtek via the Programs and Features list in Control Panel (opt to uninstall/remove)

then run a registry cleaner - like CCleaner to get rid of any useless and unwanted left-overs..
    if necessary do it a few times until you get an all-clear..
    - after you're sure that the machine is clean, install the Toshiba driver....

- you can get CCleaner for free here:
    CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
    - it runs really sweetly in Windows10.. *Smile

BugMeister, Aug 27, 2015
  2. Apollo Win User

Once I attempt to install the driver, a the end of the initializing process, an administrator window pops up asking if the following program can make changes on the computer. Once I click 'Yes', no follow up dialogue appears.

Attachment 34298

Apollo, Aug 27, 2015
  3. - your screenshot didn't register on the forum..

- sound drivers are notoriously slow to install..
    - especially from scratch, you may just have to sit and wait..

BugMeister, Aug 27, 2015
  4. CmmTch Win User

Sound Drivers Don't Function After Installing Windows 10

This may be too late but have you tried "roll back driver" I know you've eliminated being able to go back to 8.1 but maybe there's an existing driver left somewhere in your box that worked.

I don't do too much with drivers, if it's not broken I don't fix it. W10 update downloaded/installed a video driver that put me back to 800x600. Felt like it was 1998 all over again, the fix was relatively easy, went to device manager, clicked on display adapters, double clicked on my adapter and used "roll back driver" and that took care of it.

Wish it could be that simple in your case, I posted a link to an exe for a driver from Toshiba in a PM but you may have done that already. If you have any 8.1 install media you might see if you can install a sound driver from it, sorry Apollo, I'm grasping at straws here. Maybe see if a generic sound driver will work, have you uninstalled the driver and rebooted with no driver installed to see if W10 finds and installs one?

You might try this, you maybe could get a working driver from an 8.1 iso. http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ad-create.html

CmmTch, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sound Drivers Don't Function After Installing Windows 10

1. Sound Drivers Don't Function After Installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sound Drivers Don't

2. Sound drivers broken after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound drivers broken after Windows 10 update: I updated my laptop to Windows 10 and since the update my sound drivers have been broken. Version 10.0.19041 build 19041 Laptop make: Toshiba Satellite C50D-A-13B Have already tried reinstalling and updating drivers No idea what more I can do to fix this, any advice...
  3. Windows functions don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows functions don't work: Hi, when I click at my windows icon, search icon, callendar, right bottom corner to see pulpit etc. it doesn't work. Here is a gif with whole situation https://gyazo.com/5bc3ec8001bd0756cd75e23c8a969245 I tried sfc /scannow but it crashes at 43%....
  4. No sound after installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after installing Windows 10: After updating to Windows 10 November update; audio completely stopped coming. I check the audio drivers; it was latest version.. I uninstalled it -restart then Install it again -restart the PC.. still not working.. My motherboard is ECS H61H2-M4 Official site has no...
  5. Failing sound drivers after Windows 10 update

Failing sound drivers after Windows 10 update: I am tired of every time I receive an update from Microsoft that I always have problems with parts of my system! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failing-sound-drivers-after-windows-10-update/876ab49c-e91d-4238-9b93-c8febe875efb
  6. Sound doesn't work after re-installing driver in windows 10 - home

Sound doesn't work after re-installing driver in windows 10 - home: Hi I've followed the guidelines on this site via Device Manager to re-install the driver, this works for a few days and then the sound goes again. This has been going on for several weeks, I keep re-installing the driver but then it goes sometimes giving a code 10 error...
  7. No sound after installing Windows 10

No sound after installing Windows 10: can you help me clean my computer from malware I have no sound since I install window 10 it was working fine I can pay to clean it because I am not working I got sick last year so can you help me....
  8. No sound after installing Voicemeeter and Realtek drivers.

No sound after installing Voicemeeter and Realtek drivers.: I recently got a new microphone so I decided to download Voicemeeter to customize it. After downloading, the sound completely disappeared. I removed it and the sound came back, but I decided to reinstall it. The sound was gone again so I thought I would re-download the...
  9. No sound after installing windows 10

No sound after installing windows 10: I just upgraded to windows 10 and now my sound doesn't work. All drivers are working, shows speakers are working but there is no sound. PLEASE HELP! 12117
  10. No sound after installing 10

No sound after installing 10: I installed windows 10 on my laptop using the media tool. All went fine except i have no sound any suggestions? 10141