Windows 10: Sound drivers for monitors not appearing

Discus and support Sound drivers for monitors not appearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 monitors, and their Audio Drivers disappeared after turning it back on from overnight, and because my headphones are charging, that means I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alfie_978, Jul 11, 2021.

1. alfie_978 Win User

Sound drivers for monitors not appearing

I have 2 monitors, and their Audio Drivers disappeared after turning it back on from overnight, and because my headphones are charging, that means I have no audio. What can I do? I have checked in Device Manager, and they aren't there!

:)

alfie_978, Jul 11, 2021

2. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Sound drivers for monitors not appearing 277833d1379328243t-hdmi-monitor-no-speakers-no-sound-anywhere-when-connected-sound.png

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 11, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 11, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Sound drivers for monitors not appearing - Similar Threads - Sound drivers monitors

2. Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Drivers: I have been trying to update my monitor drivers for a while now. I got the official drivers from their website and then tried to update it manually. Windows told me that the best options were already installed. Well, the "best option" is from 2006 so I doubt that. I then...
  3. Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Drivers: I have been trying to update my monitor drivers for a while now. I got the official drivers from their website and then tried to update it manually. Windows told me that the best options were already installed. Well, the "best option" is from 2006 so I doubt that. I then...
  4. Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Driver not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver not appearing: I put a driver in my pc inside the box wich I bought in store. But it doesn't appear in pc when I open it. What can I do about it?I won't be able to answer right away, but I'll do my best to answer as fast as possible....
  6. Driver not appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver not appearing: I put a driver in my pc inside the box wich I bought in store. But it doesn't appear in pc when I open it. What can I do about it?I won't be able to answer right away, but I'll do my best to answer as fast as possible....
  7. Driver not appearing

8. Monitor Sound

Monitor Sound: My monitor cannot connect to RPC service. What to do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-sound/03791502-8b1b-463d-a098-871adfabba22
  9. Windows 10 Sound Settings not appearing, even though sound drivers installed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Sound Settings not appearing, even though sound drivers installed.: Usually on windows 10, i would go to Start, Search for Settings, then System, then along the left hand side of the screen, different tabs would appear such as Display, Notifications & Actions, Power and Sleep, and Sound would also be an option. However the "Sound" Tab isn't...
  10. Sound setting not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound setting not appearing: So the settings sound in the "System" part in settings isn't appearing like usual It is gone how to fix this? I want to change the settings of every app but can't...