Windows 10: Sound drivers

Discus and support Sound drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem. I had connected my notebook to a TV with HDMI cable. When I disconnected it, sound doesn't work on computer anymore. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EmilisPav, Aug 1, 2021.

1. EmilisPav Win User

Sound drivers

Hello, I have a problem. I had connected my notebook to a TV with HDMI cable. When I disconnected it, sound doesn't work on computer anymore. I tried updating drivers and even reinstalled windows, but it doesn't help. It shows that NVIDIA output is off, but I can't turn it on. I don't know what to do else. Maybe someone could help me?

:)

EmilisPav, Aug 1, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 1, 2021
  4. cadaveca Win User

Sound drivers

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound drivers :p

cadaveca, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

Sound drivers

1. Sound drivers - Similar Threads - Sound drivers

2. Installed new audio drivers, and now the sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed new audio drivers, and now the sound doesn't work: So.....I am currently running Windows 10 on a Surface Book 3. I got a new microphone, and was trying to install the drivers to get it to work. So I installed:Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit for the Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7BE, NUC8i5BE, and...
  3. Realtek sound driver help

Realtek sound driver help: HelloIn some but not all programs and games, my laptop does not make any sound. I tried re-downloading the Realtek drivers and nothing changed. The High Definition Audio Device driver is also not on my laptop. Please help...
  4. Sound not working after updating audio drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound not working after updating audio drivers: Hey, after an automatic update from Windows Update on my Acer Nitro AN515-55 my sound both speakers and headphones stopped working and when you test the speakers it will give you a pop-up window with "Failed to play test note.". To repair that, I uninstalled the audio driver...
  5. Sound and USB drivers do not work anymore

Sound and USB drivers do not work anymore: Good morning, My laptop (HP Pavillon laptop 14 and Windows 10 21H1 build 19043.1110) had yesterday some error in using Zoom (I do not know if this is linked to today's issue). Then by relaunching today my laptop, I could see that the audio driver is disabled with UNKNOWN...
  6. Confusion Over Multiple Sound and Bluetooth Drivers

Confusion Over Multiple Sound and Bluetooth Drivers: My reasonably new Intel NUC seems to offer a choice of key system drivers. It lists "AMD high definition audio device" and "Realtek High Definition Audio". I thought Bluetooth was handled in my Archer A7 router, but I also see "Intel Bluetooth Wireless" listed on my NUC...
  7. SOUND Drivers

SOUND Drivers: When I turn up the volume on my PC, the screen goes dark. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-drivers/6e28796f-5294-4d01-826e-1b43d64af891
  8. Sound drivers for monitors not appearing

Sound drivers for monitors not appearing: I have 2 monitors, and their Audio Drivers disappeared after turning it back on from overnight, and because my headphones are charging, that means I have no audio. What can I do? I have checked in Device Manager, and they aren't there!...
  9. how can i get back the intel sound and audio driver

how can i get back the intel sound and audio driver: so i was trying to fix a audio problem that i had i already knew how to solve it so i went to device manager chose sound and audio then clicked add a legacy hardware i completed the wizard then i chose to download the intel corporation driver then it fixed but i needed to...
  10. Yellow Exclamation Mark on Intel Smart Sound Technology OED Driver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yellow Exclamation Mark on Intel Smart Sound Technology OED Driver: Recently, I Re-installed Windows 10, and after that I am facing an issue .The issue is that I am unable to use my in-built microphone which is present in my laptop. Though, I was able to hear sound [from videos, music, etc], but I am unable to record my sound [or use my...