Windows 10: Sound drops

Discus and support Sound drops in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with my sound. While I'm playing a game through my headphones, sound drops after ca. 5 minutes. I tried to unplug my headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MarekLukšic, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Sound drops

Hi, I have a problem with my sound. While I'm playing a game through my headphones, sound drops after ca. 5 minutes. I tried to unplug my headphones and played the games without them. The sound worked fine for ca. 8 minutes, but then the speakers started crackling and the sound became something like shaky. The problem appears on every game, but on the apps, like Chrome, Mozilla etc., there is no problem with it. When the problem started without headphones I tried to minimalize a game through Task manager and tested the sound. The sound was alright. Went back to the game, the problem was still there. I tried to uninstall sound drivers through device manager, clear reinstall of Windows and the problem persists.

My specs are:
    Windows 10 Home, 64-bit version 2004

processor: Intel Core i7-8750H CPU 2.20 GHz

RAM: 16 GB

graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Thanks for the advices

ML

:)

MarekLukšic, Jul 2, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound drops :p

cadaveca, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 2, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound drops

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Sound drops

1. Sound drops - Similar Threads - Sound drops

2. My pc gets fps drops that drop to 3 fps and my audio sounds like static, this only happens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc gets fps drops that drop to 3 fps and my audio sounds like static, this only happens...: When I start to play games my pc its fine for maybe 40 - 60 minutes, then I start to get random fps drops that drop to like 3 fps then my audio sounds like static, this only last for a few seconds but it starts to do it every 4 minutes or so....
  3. My pc gets fps drops that drop to 3 fps and my audio sounds like static, this only happens...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc gets fps drops that drop to 3 fps and my audio sounds like static, this only happens...: When I start to play games my pc its fine for maybe 40 - 60 minutes, then I start to get random fps drops that drop to like 3 fps then my audio sounds like static, this only last for a few seconds but it starts to do it every 4 minutes or so....
  4. USB Speakers Drop Sound When Opening Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Speakers Drop Sound When Opening Outlook: Ordered some Pebble V3 USB speakers for my computer. They have been seemingly randomly dropping sound while listening to music or teams calls. The power light stays lit, the music keeps playing, if I quickly cycle the power on the speakers the sound returns.Today I noticed...
  5. USB Speakers Drop Sound When Opening Outlook

USB Speakers Drop Sound When Opening Outlook: Ordered some Pebble V3 USB speakers for my computer. They have been seemingly randomly dropping sound while listening to music or teams calls. The power light stays lit, the music keeps playing, if I quickly cycle the power on the speakers the sound returns.Today I noticed...
  6. why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone

why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone: Hello, when i try and use my headphone's microphone on a video game or discord i havent had a need to use it elsewhere, the sound quality becomes terrible. It's only when i try and use the built in microphone to the laptop that the sound quality isnt awful, however, the mic...
  7. why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone: Hello, when i try and use my headphone's microphone on a video game or discord i havent had a need to use it elsewhere, the sound quality becomes terrible. It's only when i try and use the built in microphone to the laptop that the sound quality isnt awful, however, the mic...
  8. Bluetooth Headphones connected but sound drops out almost immediately or after certain seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones connected but sound drops out almost immediately or after certain seconds: Hello,I've recently installed updates in windows 11 and my Bluetooth headphones have stopped working properly, it was working fine before. I have no issues pairing and connecting my headphones through Bluetooth settings show that voice and audio is connected. But once I play...
  9. Bluetooth Headphones connected but sound drops out almost immediately or after certain seconds

Bluetooth Headphones connected but sound drops out almost immediately or after certain seconds: Hello,I've recently installed updates in windows 11 and my Bluetooth headphones have stopped working properly, it was working fine before. I have no issues pairing and connecting my headphones through Bluetooth settings show that voice and audio is connected. But once I play...
  10. Windows 11 drops my sound card drivers Sound Blaster X3

Windows 11 drops my sound card drivers Sound Blaster X3: I never had this issue in Windows 10, but twice now in Windows 11, my sound card drivers are being dropped by Windows 11, forcing me to install the drivers again and painstakingly set my sound settings up again. I could be playing a game, watching the Netflix or Disney Plus...