Windows 10: "Sound Enhancements" missing in the "Sound" app

Discus and support "Sound Enhancements" missing in the "Sound" app in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I used to see four potential enhancements that I could choose in the Sound app. But now I can't find them. I'm thinking that, perhaps, some other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nisko, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

"Sound Enhancements" missing in the "Sound" app

I used to see four potential enhancements that I could choose in the Sound app. But now I can't find them. I'm thinking that, perhaps, some other driver has superceded that driver that had the enhancement choices. Can someone help? Thank you.

:)

Nisko, Jan 29, 2018

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Jan 29, 2018
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jan 29, 2018
  4. "Sound Enhancements" missing in the "Sound" app

That sounds like a good possibility of what might have removed those options. I would just re-install the manufacturer's latest driver and check the settings again.

mfmathis75, Jan 29, 2018
  5. CountMike New Member
    Yes, that's entirely up to driver, what's enabled or not.

CountMike, Jan 29, 2018
  6. Nisko Win User
    The driver would be a Windows 10 driver? Or a Dell driver?

Nisko, Jan 29, 2018
  7. CountMike New Member
    Dell driver would probably be older than Realtek's one from MS.

CountMike, Jan 29, 2018
  8. Nisko Win User

OK, I've never gotten drivers directly from Microsoft. Please tell me how to find this one. Thank you.....

Nisko, Jan 30, 2018
  9. Barman58 Win User
    I'm not sure if this is still the case but it was always believed that the drivers written by the hardware maker were usually cut down to give just the basic functions as they were then less likely to fail microsoft's compatibility testing for the essential Works with Windows sticker and certificate., they could also be used with more than one version of a sound card for example It has always been in my experience that the driver from the manufacturer was far more advanced than that from Microsoft Update, also the ones from OEM's Like Dell were also not as good as the "original but better than Microsoft's

I would always advise that you attempt to obtain the latest driver direct from the manufacturer of the hardware, then the OEM, and finally the Generic Microsoft one.

I have noticed lately that Microsoft drivers are replacing manufacturers drivers that have better functionality which is not the way things used to happen *Sad

Barman58, Jan 30, 2018
  10. Kbird Win User
    If using Win 10 and have not disabled Hardware Drivers from Windows Update , you likely have gotten a M$ one , WinUpdate will always install the latest one it has, and so now you have the Generic M$ Driver most likely , goto your dell Model's laptop page and get the latest one...

Kbird, Jan 30, 2018
  11. Nisko Win User
    My mistake. I would want the best drivers I can get. Based on what you've told me, I would want the manufacturer's drivers. Please help me find the correct Realtek driver (I think that would be what I'm looking for - please correct me if I'm wrong).

Nisko, Jan 30, 2018
  12. CountMike New Member
  13. erpster4 Win User

also after installing the Dell specific Realtek audio drivers, use the wushowhide.diagcab tool from MS support KB article 3073930 to hide any Realtek audio driver updates that Microsoft will push onto your Win10 computer.

nothing worse than for M$ to silently install and overwrite the Dell specific Realtek driver with a generic one w/out your knowledge - all thanks to forced auto updates for Win10. also set all your internet connections to metered as well.

erpster4, Jan 30, 2018
  14. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Sound Enhancements" missing in the "Sound" app - Similar Threads - Sound Enhancements missing

2. Audio Enhancements Tab Missing in Control Panel Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Enhancements Tab Missing in Control Panel Sound: I have an issue where all the sounds on my computer get played through my mic I've been testing it through Discord and Voice Recorder windows app, so I know it's not app specific and I've gone through every fix on the internet and none of them work. The only fix I was unable...
  3. Sound enhancement tab missing-needed for sub

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound enhancement tab missing-needed for sub: I've tried reinstalling Realtek drivers multiple times, I've gone to their website which has old drivers and also my motherboard website which has new drivers. I need the enhancement tabs because It offers the ability to switch the center and sub. I have a sub plugged into...
  4. Sound Control Enhancements

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Control Enhancements: Sitting here listening to Nirvana with new speakers and I am looking for the windows sound enhancements which used to be in sound/speakers/properties but I cant find them. There was acoustic controls to 'fake' auditoriums, street, living room, pipes etc. I am trying to get...
  5. Want LOUD sound, but enhancements and other options missing from sound properties

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Want LOUD sound, but enhancements and other options missing from sound properties: Hi there, I was trying to make my (new) headphones be louder for when I want to drown the world out and I was told to go to my headphone sound properties, and go to enhancements and make sure loudness equalization and bass boost were on. However, the only tab I have in the...
  6. What app can enhance sound?

What app can enhance sound?: Hi all, I had to reset my Windows 10 and can't remember the name of this genius app I had that would make everything louder on my old acer laptop. I tried Equalizer Apo, but this dosen't work at all. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot for your help in advance. submitted by...
  7. Enhancement tab missing from sounds - microphone

Enhancement tab missing from sounds - microphone: I have no idea what to do... please help. submitted by /u/_AlexOne_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fuehxv/enhancement_tab_missing_from_sounds_microphone/
  8. Enhancement sound tab missing?

Enhancement sound tab missing?: Hi, everybody. I have a new laptop and extra bass headphones, but the resulting bass is just meh (on my phone sounds way better).... I wanted to boost the bass in the sound properties (mmsys.cpl) but the tab for enhancements is not there. I've seen tutorials that suggest...
  9. Enhancing sound

Enhancing sound: I could use some suggestions on how I can boost, enhance, or otherwise manipulate sound on my laptop. I know this system isn't a multi-media hub, although I do have Kodi and Plex installed. When I watch movies on Netflix or a dvd, the sound is rather bland and flat. Need some...
  10. Sound enhancement tab is missing?

Sound enhancement tab is missing?: Ive recently upgraded my logitech headset drivers and noticed the sound enhancement tab is gone. anyone knows how to bring it back without going back drivers which i dont seem to find anymore? 26909

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound enhancements missing