Windows 10: Sound Error: The speaker, headset, or headphones is unplugged

Discus and support Sound Error: The speaker, headset, or headphones is unplugged in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My speaker and webcam worked perfectly on Monday until I installed a Windows update at 8:00 PM. After, I lost my audio which included the microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MRMagMark, Jul 23, 2020.

1. MRMagMark Win User

Sound Error: The speaker, headset, or headphones is unplugged

My speaker and webcam worked perfectly on Monday until I installed a Windows update at 8:00 PM. After, I lost my audio which included the microphone for my webcam. So both Input and Output is "kaput!"

Over the past three days, I have tried the following:

• Adjusted log-in creds for Windows Audio and Windows Audio End Point Service, ensured they were running and set to automatic
    • Tried to set both Windows Audio and Windows Audio End Point Services log-on toNT AUTHORITY\LocalService
    • Checked drivers and re-installed drivers
    • Checked the USB connections to ensure everything was seated right they are
    • Checked Plug and Play to ensure it was running and set to automatic
    • Ran a full hardware diagnostic on my new Dell XPS 8930 updated BIOS

Nothing worked. I have a Bluetooth Amazon Tap that has been connected to the system and that works. But my USB speakers and USB Logitech webcam isn't working.

Also missing from the Services tab: the Multimedia Class Scheduler.

I have worked with the Device Manager, the Task Manager, and the troubleshooters, all to see if I could find a fix. I have tried to follow as many online tutorials to fix this issue but have been unable to solve it.

This is my last hope. I NEED MY SOUND. My business needs these peripherals to work properly. Please, can anyone help?

:)

MRMagMark, Jul 23, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

Sound Error: The speaker, headset, or headphones is unplugged [​IMG]

fireberd, Aug 3, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound Error: The speaker, headset, or headphones is unplugged :p

cadaveca, Aug 3, 2020
  4. MRMagMark Win User

FIX FOUND

I did the following and it solved my problem. I'm posting this for anyone else who might have struggled with the same issue.

Found from the following website:
    https://www.outlookappins.com/windows-10/no-speakers-or-headphones-are-plugged-in/

Fix Using Command Prompt

I am assuming that you already have the latest audio drivers installed. You can also use the command prompt to solve ‘no speakers or headphones are plugged in windows 10‘ issues. Perform the following steps to address the audio problem using
    the command prompt.

1. Go to Cortana search box in Windows 10 taskbar and type ‘cmd.’
    2. Right-click on ‘Command Prompt‘ and select ‘Run as administrator.’
    3. It will display a full-screen pop-up window asking for administrator permissions. Select ‘Yes.’
    4. Now type the following code and press enter:

net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice
    5. Then input this command and press enter again:

net localgroup Administrators /add localservice
    6. Finally, close the command prompt and restart your PC.
    In this way, we can solve audio hardware not detected in windows 10 using the command prompt.

----------

MRMagMark, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Sound Error: The speaker, headset, or headphones is unplugged - Similar Threads - Sound Error speaker

2. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones: I cant find my speakers on the output devices, although when i plug out my headphones, they are automatically connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-between-speakers-and-headphones/e25db9b7-8303-42db-af28-0b2907bbafcc
  3. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones: I cant find my speakers on the output devices, although when i plug out my headphones, they are automatically connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-between-speakers-and-headphones/e25db9b7-8303-42db-af28-0b2907bbafcc
  4. Speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged.: Hi , I have a problem with my laptop and i hope someone could help :Here i have a ASUS TUF FX505G Model.29May 2021Sound problem started to appear on my laptop. But i manage to fix it by update driver. And I notice there are 4 Drivers under "sound , video and game controller"...
  5. Automatically muting speakers when headphones are unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically muting speakers when headphones are unplugged: Do Windows 10 computers have this feature? Or is there an app I can install? Thank you. submitted by /u/TeepoReiRyu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3j64l/automatically_muting_speakers_when_headphones_are/
  6. Winfows 10 recognises Headphones as Speakers and Speakers as Headphones. Headphones sound...

Winfows 10 recognises Headphones as Speakers and Speakers as Headphones. Headphones sound...: I have no idea how to fix this, all I know is it's been an issue for years now, since I first built this PC, I would really appreciate any input as I can't find a solution anywhere. Thanks. Some more details: I use Realtek Audio Console. I have my headphones and mic plugged...
  7. Listen to laptop speakers without unplugging headphones

Listen to laptop speakers without unplugging headphones: Hello, does anybody know how to keep listening to laptop speakers even with headphones plugged in. The problem is my headphones akg k550 mk3 can not be recognized by windows as a separate audio device and there is no driver support for them. I tried some software solution...
  8. The speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged

The speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged: Since upgrading to Windows 10 some time back, I have been unable to use speakers or headphones. Audio devices simply aren't working from either the front or rear jacks. I have tried the troubleshooter which doesn't recognise any devices as being plugged in. All dirvers...
  9. Sound Headphones - Speaker

Sound Headphones - Speaker: So i have speaker and headphones. When i plugg in just one of them, in sounds at playback it appears like "speaker", if i plugg in both of devices, the same appears in sounds at playback. I don't know how to make 2 "things" in sound settings. 1 for speaker and 1 for...
  10. The speaker,headset or headphone is unplugged. Help

The speaker,headset or headphone is unplugged. Help: So last night I was about to shut my computer down when I saw it needed to update. I let it update and it took about 30 minutes to an hour. This morning I woke up hoping to use my computer but when I started it up I noticed that there was a red x icon next to the volume...