Windows 10: Sound fadeout with mp4 or YouTube

Discus and support Sound fadeout with mp4 or YouTube in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win 10 pro 1607 14393.953 Two similar incidents, 3 days apart. Played video on YouTube and sound started ok but soon faded to almost inaudible.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tcebob, Mar 24, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

Sound fadeout with mp4 or YouTube

Win 10 pro 1607 14393.953

Two similar incidents, 3 days apart. Played video on YouTube and sound started ok but soon faded to almost inaudible. Downloaded the mp4 and played on Movies&Tv, Win Media Player and Zoom Player and on all the sound was weak and distorted. Tried with previously downloaded mp4s which previously played fine. Other sounds such as Windows Sounds (which I normally have turned off) and podcasts with Winamp work fine. Sounds on Internet also work well (except YouTube). Internet streaming works. . . .

. . . Hah!. after a third reboot the sound is working. For a while. Can anyone recommend preemptive action to fix this?

3/28/17 edit:
    I ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wimSound fadeout with mp4 or YouTube :D:\Sources\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess and it appears to have done the job. I'll mark this as solved.

:)

tcebob, Mar 24, 2017
  2. Endwar Win User

Dell computer sound cutting out

I have similar problem but I see that almost everybody has it.

Sound crackling during youtube,MP4 and movie playback and sometimes in games also.

When Microsoft plan to fix that issue or they pushing us back to win 7

Endwar, Mar 24, 2017
  3. 05Mukku Win User
    YouTube and mp4 videos r not working in Nokia asha 200

I have problem in watching YouTube videos and mp4....actually YouTube videos not open and mp4 videos not run properly....what's app software is not available for this set...Nokia asha 200

05Mukku, Mar 24, 2017
Thema:

Sound fadeout with mp4 or YouTube

1. Sound fadeout with mp4 or YouTube - Similar Threads - Sound fadeout mp4

2. YouTube videos sounding muffled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YouTube videos sounding muffled.: Seriously. This started happening a few weeks ago and now it's only gotten worse. Every youtube video I play sounds like it's being played thru speakers that are 10 feet underwater. This same thing is happening on Edge and Firefox browsers. It's not happening on audio files...
  3. YouTube videos sounding muffled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YouTube videos sounding muffled.: Seriously. This started happening a few weeks ago and now it's only gotten worse. Every youtube video I play sounds like it's being played thru speakers that are 10 feet underwater. This same thing is happening on Edge and Firefox browsers. It's not happening on audio files...
  4. No sound after pausing YouTube or Spotify

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound after pausing YouTube or Spotify: When I have a game or discord, and I play Spotify or YouTube and I pause it I have no audio. The only way I can fix this is by resuming Spotify or YouTube or close all my tabs select a different device and the switch back to get audio again. A fix would be really nice!...
  5. No sound after pausing YouTube or Spotify

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after pausing YouTube or Spotify: When I have a game or discord, and I play Spotify or YouTube and I pause it I have no audio. The only way I can fix this is by resuming Spotify or YouTube or close all my tabs select a different device and the switch back to get audio again. A fix would be really nice!...
  6. sound not working in youtube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound not working in youtube: but works in disney and amazon prime. i have recover,reset, restarted and downloaded updates to no avail. can you help PLEASE. Tony G. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-not-working-in-youtube/7592f0dd-197e-4726-8177-2409c5462139
  7. sound on youtube videos

sound on youtube videos: I can not increase the volume on down loaded you tube videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-on-youtube-videos/796ece82-bfc5-4e30-89c4-f72ab268cc00
  8. Sound not working for youtube- etc...?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound not working for youtube- etc...?: Hello- I've checked all of the Device Manager settings, and they say that they are working properly, but when I try to view a video on youtube, there is no sound whatsoever- even tho my speakers are turned up-- must be something simple I'm missing? duh......
  9. Sound on youtub

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sound on youtub: I have a problem with Youtube sound since it is really too quiet. When I turn on the audio file, it starts to sound normally in the beginning and then is getting quieter. I have to go to Realtek settings to make just one song sounds louder. And I have to repeat these steps...
  10. No Sound & Youtube Lags w/ No Sound

No Sound & Youtube Lags w/ No Sound: This morning everything was fine then after a while I lost all audio and got muted laggy playback on YouTube. I'm using Windows 10 Home 10.0.17134. My speaker is an Amazon Basics BSK20 Bluetooth unit. I was playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider when the sound cut out. The volume...