Windows 10: Sound feedback

Discus and support Sound feedback in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm getting sound feedback from the microphone when my headphone and microphone are plugged into the front audio jacks and the sound playback is set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StephenfromChch, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Sound feedback

I'm getting sound feedback from the microphone when my headphone and microphone are plugged into the front audio jacks and the sound playback is set to external speakers.

Can someone advise how to fix this?

Thanks.

:)

StephenfromChch, Jul 22, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound feedback :p

cadaveca, Jul 22, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Sound feedback

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Sound feedback

1. Sound feedback - Similar Threads - Sound feedback

2. How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?: I am trying to view videos on CompTIA Testout PC Pro site. For some reason, I start the videos and they are muted. In order to unmute, I have to rightclick on the video while it is playing to show controls, then adjust the volume. I then can hear the video. This happens on...
  3. How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?: I am trying to view videos on CompTIA Testout PC Pro site. For some reason, I start the videos and they are muted. In order to unmute, I have to rightclick on the video while it is playing to show controls, then adjust the volume. I then can hear the video. This happens on...
  4. Keyboard making clicking sounds when typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard making clicking sounds when typing: My keyboard is making clicking sounds while typingTo clarify this is not mechanical this is audio coming from my computerI have tried disabling sticky keys, turning off narrator looking at my keyboard 3rd party app and going into my computers bios to see if I can disable the...
  5. Distorted Audio, Feedback Loops, and Sound Cutting Out in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Distorted Audio, Feedback Loops, and Sound Cutting Out in Windows 11: Been having some strange audio problems. I use an external recording/sound setup for my PC Focusrite Solo Studio that uses a headphone and microphone. Since Wendsday of last week, I've had a myriad of audio probelms with my PC, and I do not know what to do. Issues are:Audio...
  6. Distorted Audio, Feedback Loops, and Sound Cutting Out in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Distorted Audio, Feedback Loops, and Sound Cutting Out in Windows 11: Been having some strange audio problems. I use an external recording/sound setup for my PC Focusrite Solo Studio that uses a headphone and microphone. Since Wendsday of last week, I've had a myriad of audio probelms with my PC, and I do not know what to do. Issues are:Audio...
  7. No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider: No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider but i can hear the sound feedback when i change the volume from inside sound settings in windows settings , every thing is working fine regarding my sound drivers and settings , i have only this issue...
  8. No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider

No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider: Hello, I'm getting no notification sound when I increase/decrease volume from task bar. So, as a result, I am unable to hear how loud is the new volume of sound. Also, the system is able to play music normally and other sound notifications. Note that the Windows "sound"...
  9. System microphone picks up sound, returns intense feedback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System microphone picks up sound, returns intense feedback: I need to do a Zoom conference meeting, but when I enable my microphone in my settings, and test it, it picks up every tiny noise and turns it into extremely 'shrieky' feedback. I need help getting my microphone to work. I've ran all system checks, and they say they can't...
  10. [Feedback] New Ways Of Windows Showing Sound Level

[Feedback] New Ways Of Windows Showing Sound Level: Hi, I would like to comment on the new way of windows trying to show the audio level on the taskbar. For me, it's a really inconvenient approach of showing 3 audio level curves in grey if the sound is low and 3 level curves in white if the sound level is high. I would like...