Windows 10: Sound Fluctuation

Discus and support Sound Fluctuation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since I updated my laptop on 10/8/2019 I've had an issue with the audio slowing fluctuating up and down. For Example when watching a youtube video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cram202, Oct 8, 2019.

1. cram202 Win User

Sound Fluctuation

Ever since I updated my laptop on 10/8/2019 I've had an issue with the audio slowing fluctuating up and down. For Example when watching a youtube video my volume would be set to 30. Throughout the duration of the video it sounds as if the volume fades away and then jumps back to its original volume. I checked many YT videos just to make sure it was happening to all of them and that it wasn't just the one video. This problem also occurs when playing video games. My Laptop is a ROG Hero Strix II GL504M.

:)

cram202, Oct 8, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound Fluctuation :p

cadaveca, Oct 8, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Sound Fluctuation

windows 10 random sound fluctuations

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

What is the make and model of the computer?

We would suggest you to install the sound drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Also try the steps from the link

Sound issues in Windows 10

Thank you.

Ravinath P, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Sound Fluctuation

1. Sound Fluctuation - Similar Threads - Sound Fluctuation

2. How do I stop a constant chiming sound on my PC? It is chiming every few seconds. I've...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop a constant chiming sound on my PC? It is chiming every few seconds. I've...: How do I stop a constant chiming sound on my PC? It is chiming every few seconds. I've checked notifications and there is nothing requiring action....
  3. How do I stop a constant chiming sound on my PC? It is chiming every few seconds. I've...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop a constant chiming sound on my PC? It is chiming every few seconds. I've...: How do I stop a constant chiming sound on my PC? It is chiming every few seconds. I've checked notifications and there is nothing requiring action....
  4. How do I stop a constant chiming sound on my PC? It is chiming every few seconds. I've...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell command upates are all current so what do I do?...
  6. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell upates are all current so what do I do?...
  7. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  8. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  9. Sound problem involving fluctuating sound levels

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound problem involving fluctuating sound levels: My sound is jumping from 100% to 67% and back again. This repeats itself consistently. Observed in the App Volume Device Preferences place. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-problem-involving-fluctuating-sound-levels/ca14a631-4570-4f70-8e4a-5f4bb6b2b117
  10. Someone please… I have been plagued by this issue for far too long. Sound fluctuates up and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Someone please… I have been plagued by this issue for far too long. Sound fluctuates up and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/walterblockland [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dshqr7/someone_please_i_have_been_plagued_by_this_issue/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound fluctuation in windows 10