Windows 10: Sound for incoming emails

Discus and support Sound for incoming emails in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello Forum, I would like to disable all Windows 10 system sounds except for the sound for incoming emails in Mail. I tried to do this but failed. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by desertman, Dec 7, 2015.

1. desertman Win User

Sound for incoming emails

Hello Forum,

I would like to disable all Windows 10 system sounds except for the sound for incoming emails in Mail. I tried to do this but failed. I went to Settings - Personalization - Themes - Advanced sound settings, changed the Sound Theme to No Sounds and then changed New Mail Notification from Non to a sound. Clicked Apply and OK. However, there is no sound for incoming mails in Mail.

How can I have a sound for incoming mails in Mail (and everything else quiet)?

Thanks -

:)

desertman, Dec 7, 2015
  2. JimWynne Win User

Ok ,to put it a different way, email alerts..a sound you hear when an email arrives.I wanted to know how i can get them with WINDOWS 10 ?

It depends on what email client or service you're using. You can start at Settings > System > Notifications

JimWynne, Dec 7, 2015
  3. JimWynne Win User

What does "...sound for incoming emails..." mean?

JimWynne, Dec 7, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 7, 2015
  5. desertman Win User
    Yes, I have (and had) Notifications - Show in action center on and a checkmark at Play a sound - but don't get a sound for incoming mails.

However, I don't have Mail listed in Settings - Privacy - Let apps run in the background and also not in Settings System - Notifications & actions - Show notifications from these apps. In the first setting other applications are listed (but Mail is not one of them), in the second setting no application is listed and it only says "No apps have provided notifications yet".

Just to clarifiy it - I also don't get a sound for incoming emails when Mail is the active foreground application.

desertman, Dec 7, 2015
  6. desertman Win User
    I checked now in the Mail options (for all accounts) also Show a notification banner - and still get neither a sound nor a banner, regardless of having Mail in the foreground or background or off.

Could it be that Windows 10 has just a crappy notification system, and that's it?

desertman, Dec 7, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The Mail & Calendar app is technically one, so as long as you have it turned on for Calendar in Background apps and Show notifications, it should also be turned on for the Mail app.

Double check in Sounds to also make sure that you have a sound file set to play for Desktop Mail Notification and New Mail Notification.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Dec 7, 2015
  8. desertman Win User

Wow. Which normal Windows user might know that?

Let apps run in the background is (and was) on for Calendar.

I added a sound to Desktop Mail Notification (I had already one for New Mail Notification). Still no sound (or banner) for incoming mails.

desertman, Dec 7, 2015
  9. desertman Win User
    I changed now back to the default sound scheme, restarted the computer, opened Mail, and sent myself another mail (from a different computer).

Still no sound or banner for incoming mails. Yes, Windows 10 has a crappy notification system (besides an anyway poor mail application that does not even have a unified inbox).

desertman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sound for incoming emails - Similar Threads - Sound incoming emails

2. Incoming emails with media player attachments will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incoming emails with media player attachments will not open: incoming emails with media player attachments will not open * Moved from Community Center* Original title: inbox mail with attachments https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incoming-emails-with-media-player-attachments-will/5a3ac35a-7a79-4a45-bb0b-de8ec59d1093
  3. Incoming emails with media player attachments will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incoming emails with media player attachments will not open: incoming emails with media player attachments will not open * Moved from Community Center* Original title: inbox mail with attachments https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incoming-emails-with-media-player-attachments-will/5a3ac35a-7a79-4a45-bb0b-de8ec59d1093
  4. Why my incoming email in the app looks like this?

Why my incoming email in the app looks like this?: I tried delete, reset, uninstall the mail app in outlook, When I re-download it again, still looks scramble, but only in certain incoming mails. mostly from banks or no-reply mails! Pls Help!Example email: Received: from 10.197.40.73 by atlas321.free.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with...
  5. Incoming Emails stopped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incoming Emails stopped: Anyone had this issue? I can send emails from my hotmail account but all incoming email messages have just stopped, had security issues a few days ago and updated my password, since then nothing....
  6. incoming email interupts progams

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    incoming email interupts progams: if I am in a game or program, windows 10 incoming email interrupts what I am doing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incoming-email-interupts-progams/b360928b-68cb-455b-a593-2a6fdcfc264d
  7. Can't get incoming emails in outlook (Comcast)

Can't get incoming emails in outlook (Comcast): I have comcast. I have windows 10. I can't get in coming emails. What do I need to do to fix this? * Moved from IE10/Win 8 * Original title: In coming emails in outlook....
  8. not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail: Mail is sending out mail but not receiving any mail, any ideas welcome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/not-receiving-incoming-email-in-the-windows-mail/6939a04c-ef0b-4348-adf9-7c2c6bc5ae41
  9. Sound for incoming emails

in Browsers and Email
    Sound for incoming emails: I've added my Gmail account into built in email application and wondering if there is a possibility to choose and get an immediately sound notification for every incoming email like on my Android phone? The only thing I can see is my name and number of new messages in Start...
  10. Outlook 2016 Incoming Email Message Header Layout

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 Incoming Email Message Header Layout: I would like to modify the header part of received mails in Outlook 2016, i.e. the bit above the actual message which details sender, recipient, subject, date, etc. I presume it can be done by editing something like a template, but I can't find how to do it. Plenty of...