Windows 10: sound from HDMI for an GTX260 Nvidia card with 2 heads

Discus and support sound from HDMI for an GTX260 Nvidia card with 2 heads in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On this PC, with this video card, I cant produce any sound to the monitors. I connected 2 HDTV on this cad, and video is ok, but no sound. But the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sdowney717, Oct 6, 2019.

1. sound from HDMI for an GTX260 Nvidia card with 2 heads

On this PC, with this video card, I cant produce any sound to the monitors.
    I connected 2 HDTV on this cad, and video is ok, but no sound.
    But the nvidia driver shows the 2 sound destinations (tv)
    When you open up playback properties, the only one I can use is speakers, there is no tv showing for playback.

So why is this, is it the nvidia card?

- - - Updated - - -

Reading about this, it can pass audio using the spdif plug on the board into that video card. so wired up a cable and tested it but still no sound over HDMI.
    I also do have the HDMI +4 dvi adapter going to the TV.

I tried setting spdif sound as default and the windows screen shows the bar moving up and down, but no sound to the telly.over HDMI

Anyone have a clue? No desire to buy a new video card, the old one works on video and ought to work on sound.

- - - Updated - - -

It may be I have to use a sound bar and use either spdif out on the motherboard, or use the 3.5mm audio jack.
    I am not even sure buying a new video card will work. I am opening a new chrome window, dragging it to the TV on the right, then playing an Amazon Prime video, All I see is the picture when sound set to spdiff, sound set to speakers, sound plays through my PC speakers.
    The spdiff bar is moving so it has a signal. dont even know if what i am doing is possible, sometimes PC component makers do weird things with wires, ports and hardware, and stuff does not work like you thought it should.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I SOLVED this puzzle. Both my wire plugs were reversed on MB and on video card.
    I discovered that using my ohmmeter on the video card, the ground pin will read only a few ohms.
    The MB manual showed I had the plug flipped, ground and 5v power. What fooled me was my cable that came with video card, they had black as spdiff and white as ground.. go figure, so I made black ground and white spdiff, which makes more sense. And I looked at a generic spdif 3 wire plug, not specific to this board.

I set sound output to spdif, and interestingly, I hear sound out of speaker and spdif at same time./.

:)

sdowney717, Oct 6, 2019

2. sound from HDMI for an GTX260 Nvidia card with 2 heads

On this PC, with this video card, I cant produce any sound to the monitors.
    I connected 2 HDTV on this cad, and video is ok, but no sound.
    But the nvidia driver shows the 2 sound destinations (tv)
    When you open up playback properties, the only one I can use is speakers, there is no tv showing for playback.

So why is this, is it the nvidia card?

- - - Updated - - -

Reading about this, it can pass audio using the spdif plug on the board into that video card. so wired up a cable and tested it but still no sound over HDMI.
    I also do have the HDMI +4 dvi adapter going to the TV.

I tried setting spdif sound as default and the windows screen shows the bar moving up and down, but no sound to the telly.over HDMI

Anyone have a clue? No desire to buy a new video card, the old one works on video and ought to work on sound.

- - - Updated - - -

It may be I have to use a sound bar and use either spdif out on the motherboard, or use the 3.5mm audio jack.
    I am not even sure buying a new video card will work. I am opening a new chrome window, dragging it to the TV on the right, then playing an Amazon Prime video, All I see is the picture when sound set to spdiff, sound set to speakers, sound plays through my PC speakers.
    The spdiff bar is moving so it has a signal. dont even know if what i am doing is possible, sometimes PC component makers do weird things with wires, ports and hardware, and stuff does not work like you thought it should.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I SOLVED this puzzle. Both my wire plugs were reversed on MB and on video card.
    I discovered that using my ohmmeter on the video card, the ground pin will read only a few ohms.
    The MB manual showed I had the plug flipped, ground and 5v power. What fooled me was my cable that came with video card, they had black as spdiff and white as ground.. go figure, so I made black ground and white spdiff, which makes more sense. And I looked at a generic spdif 3 wire plug, not specific to this board.

I set sound output to spdif, and interestingly, I hear sound out of speaker and spdif at same time./.

sdowney717, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Oct 6, 2019
  4. sound from HDMI for an GTX260 Nvidia card with 2 heads

windows 10 nvidia hdmi sound problem

my acer notebook has a nvidia 840m graphic card and in the device manager everthing is fine.

Driver installed for nvidia virtual audio device and the other sound card,but in the playback devices

only just internal speaker and realtek hdmi(whitch always unpplugged) appears and i cant force any sound out on the hdmi. What can i do?

TamasKovacsa, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

sound from HDMI for an GTX260 Nvidia card with 2 heads

1. sound from HDMI for an GTX260 Nvidia card with 2 heads - Similar Threads - sound HDMI GTX260

2. No HDMI Sound From TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No HDMI Sound From TV: Hello, I have a Lenovo Slim 7 16IAH7 laptop and when I connect an HDMI cable all I get is video no audio. Audio comes from the laptop and not the TV. When I go to sound settings no HDMI Devices appear. I have updated my graphics driver and other drivers. I have checked for...
  3. No HDMI Sound From TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No HDMI Sound From TV: Hello, I have a Lenovo Slim 7 16IAH7 laptop and when I connect an HDMI cable all I get is video no audio. Audio comes from the laptop and not the TV. When I go to sound settings no HDMI Devices appear. I have updated my graphics driver and other drivers. I have checked for...
  4. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?: Hi Community, here's the thing. I have two HDMI monitors, one conneced to an HDMI port and one to a DVI both give sound, even the DVI but I cannot make both of them give sound at the same time. Windows lists them both as one output source, and only the first monitor that I...
  5. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?: Hi Community, here's the thing. I have two HDMI monitors, one conneced to an HDMI port and one to a DVI both give sound, even the DVI but I cannot make both of them give sound at the same time. Windows lists them both as one output source, and only the first monitor that I...
  6. NVIDIA graphics card not detecting HDMI on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA graphics card not detecting HDMI on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If your NVIDIA graphics card is not detecting HDMI monitors, here are some troubleshooting suggestions you can follow to fix the issue. Even if you have already through some basic steps to make it work again, you should follow all the below-mentioned solutions again....
  7. Nvidia gtx260, after every boot, fails to find Sharp TV HDMI plug

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia gtx260, after every boot, fails to find Sharp TV HDMI plug: ged in. Unless I physically unplug back of cable, and plug it back in. Turn off tv, turn on does not help. So every time PC boots up, Sharp TV is not displaying HDMI image, its black screen. You know its clearly unacceptable to have to unplug the hdmi cable from back of TV...
  8. Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's: #1 Hello, Im trying to output my PC sound to my dual monitor setup (HP VH240a x2) I've tried enabling the stereo mixer in windows and replaying to the second monitor and even used a direct audio jack instead but nothing. Also, I tried NVIDIA's Control Panel and enabled...
  9. 2 sound card detected?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 sound card detected?: So lastly (right around when the anniv. update occured) my sound stopped working on my windows 10 tablet, ive researched it on the web for about a week, reinstalled windows, tried to update the driver but nothing is seems to work. The fact that my tablet is an INSIGNIA...
  10. Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in"

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in": I plugged my laptop into an integra 30.4 receiver via HDMI port (multiple ports) and with the receiver on the right device port and connected to a tv or a projector and I get no audio out of the HDMI port only Video. Video works great! The laptop is an alienware laptop on...