Windows 10: sound from numerous apps the sound is distorted on one side of the inbuilt speakers

Discus and support sound from numerous apps the sound is distorted on one side of the inbuilt speakers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my laptop is only 6 months old. I have noticed that when I play any sound from numerous apps the sound is distorted on one side of the inbuilt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by deirdre123456, Jun 3, 2020.

1. sound from numerous apps the sound is distorted on one side of the inbuilt speakers

my laptop is only 6 months old. I have noticed that when I play any sound from numerous apps the sound is distorted on one side of the inbuilt speakers. if I use headphones the sound is ok. I have tried all help from the help guidelines but nothing is working. is there anything else I can try before I return it?

:)

deirdre123456, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jun 4, 2020
  4. sound from numerous apps the sound is distorted on one side of the inbuilt speakers

Distorted speaker sound

The sound coming from my speaker on my DELL Inspiron is distorted. How do I fix it?

BernadetteLaumann1973, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

sound from numerous apps the sound is distorted on one side of the inbuilt speakers

1. sound from numerous apps the sound is distorted on one side of the inbuilt speakers - Similar Threads - sound numerous apps

2. SOUND DISTORTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOUND DISTORTION: HELLO,I HAVE A HORRIBLE PROBLEM HERE, THE SOUND THAT COMES OUT OF THE SPEAKERS IS TOTALLY DISTORTED!I TRIED WITH 2 DIFFERENT SOUND CARDS... THE SAME RESULT: TOTAL DISTORTION.I HAVE LOWERED THE SAMPLING, UNINSTALL/INSTALL DRIVERS... END RESULT: THE SAME DISTORTION HERE ARE MY...
  3. SOUND DISTORTION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SOUND DISTORTION: HELLO,I HAVE A HORRIBLE PROBLEM HERE, THE SOUND THAT COMES OUT OF THE SPEAKERS IS TOTALLY DISTORTED!I TRIED WITH 2 DIFFERENT SOUND CARDS... THE SAME RESULT: TOTAL DISTORTION.I HAVE LOWERED THE SAMPLING, UNINSTALL/INSTALL DRIVERS... END RESULT: THE SAME DISTORTION HERE ARE MY...
  4. distorted sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted sound: distortion comes and goes every few sentences of song verses. Under audio it just says High definition audio speakers. Can this be something I can add to change to something better? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it helps for 5 minutes then starts again. its an HP...
  5. distorted sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    distorted sound: distortion comes and goes every few sentences of song verses. Under audio it just says High definition audio speakers. Can this be something I can add to change to something better? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it helps for 5 minutes then starts again. its an HP...
  6. distorted sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Distorted Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distorted Sound: I'm on 20H2 build SO 19042.746 but is not te problem. I've been trying to fix the distorted sound coming out of my notebook for a long time without success. In this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-2535c7cd56c8 at point 9 I restarted the first two services ,...
  8. distorted sound

distorted sound: the sound of my computer is wrong, it sounds very bad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sound/27ae741b-4c75-40b9-8e01-c71796765919
  9. Distorted Sounds

Distorted Sounds: My sound ever since i got a new mother board got distorted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sounds/0901ceb5-0dea-458a-867f-341aedf30649
  10. Sound distortion

Sound distortion: All sound coming from PC is now distorted making it hard to understand when listening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-distortion/dc50b947-599a-47fa-b352-84fdda4e52ff