Windows 10: sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones

Discus and support sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones. To listen via headphones I have to restart my system or connect my headphone before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MebinKuriakose Mathew, Feb 7, 2019.

1. sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones

sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones. To listen via headphones I have to restart my system or connect my headphone before power on the machine

:)

MebinKuriakose Mathew, Feb 7, 2019
  2. iKhan Win User

Sound Blaster Z auto switch from headphones to speakers?

Hey guys, I recently bought this Sound Blaster Z card.

I noticed when I unplug my headphones it does not automatically switch to the speakers!

AFAIK the only way to switch from my headphones to the speakers or vice versa is via the control panel.

sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones iZhQ5y7.jpg

Anyone know if there is an option to automatically switch between the headphones and speakers?

iKhan, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Sound switch from laptop speakers to headphones.

click on the speaker icon (bottom right by the clock)

then click on the up arrow, to display the list of playback devices.

if you headphones are in the list click on them to switch sound output.

Martmcd, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Catbill Win User

sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones

when switch from headphones to speakers, there is no sound

When I unplug my headphones, the sound does not automatically come back through the speakers.

The speakers are external speakers connected through the speaker output. The headphones are connected by USB port.

There should be a simple way to specify that when the headphones are plugged in, they should be the default. When the headphones are not plugged in, the speakers should be the default. Alas, there are a jumble of settings that do not clearly describe what
    they do so I am baffled by how to make this work.

Question: How should Windows be configured so that when the headphones are plugged in, the sound comes through the headphones and when the headphones are not plugged in, the sound comes through the speakers?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Catbill, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones

1. sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones - Similar Threads - sound speakers does

2. Sound randomly switches from my speakers to my headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound randomly switches from my speakers to my headphones: Hello,I've had this problem since windows 10. When I'm playing music on my computer using my speakers, sometimes the sound will randomly switch from my speakers to my headphones and then go back to my speakers. I was recently on the Window 11 beta, which I had to clean...
  3. Sound randomly switches from my speakers to my headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound randomly switches from my speakers to my headphones: Hello,I've had this problem since windows 10. When I'm playing music on my computer using my speakers, sometimes the sound will randomly switch from my speakers to my headphones and then go back to my speakers. I was recently on the Window 11 beta, which I had to clean...
  4. Sound automatically switches from speakers to headphones after a few minutes of pc usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound automatically switches from speakers to headphones after a few minutes of pc usage: This problem has started today. I haven't updated anything recently. When starting up my pc it runs fine for a few minutes but then out of nowhere the computer starts sputtering every few seconds with the audio eventually cutting out entirely. I saw in the sound playback tab...
  5. Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones?: Hi! So my new laptop, an Acer Aspire3, doesn't switch audio from playing out of the speakers to headphones automatically. I have to click on a pop-up from Realtek Audio Console to enable the switch instead. I am unaware if it is possible to make the switch manually from...
  6. No sound coming from headphones and speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound coming from headphones and speakers: So I was playing some games with my friends on discord when I got up to eat dinner, and during that time my computer went to sleep. When I got back there was a message that popped up saying that a new input was detected and asked me to switch. I decided not to but then I...
  7. No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works

No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works: I Have a HP Pavilion g7-1355dx Notebook PC And I Just Upgraded From Windows 7 To Windows 10 And I Cant Hear Anything From My Headphones But Only From My Internal Speaker. The HeadPhones Work Fine On My DeskTop And They Dont Require A Drive. have tried updating the...
  8. No sound from speakers/headphones

No sound from speakers/headphones: Hi, I have the Dell XPS 8300 with the onboard Realtek HD Audio. I can't get any sound from speakers/headphones using any of the ports at the back and the front audio jack. The speakers are fine as I have tested them on my mobile. I have the latest drivers...
  9. Automatically switch from headphones to speakers

Automatically switch from headphones to speakers: In windows 7, when headphones were plugged into the jack on the front of the machine it would automatically switch to the headphones and mute the speakers. If you unplugged them, it would enable the speakers. How would I go about enabling this on Windows 10? 17425
  10. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No sound from headphones but speakers work.: Hello, I have a laptop - Asus GL551JW-DS71. My speakers work fine but when I plug in my headphones, I can't hear any sound from the headphones. The headphones do work as I use them for my desktop. I have tried updating the sound drivers from the device manager. I...