Windows 10: Sound getting fainter....

Discus and support Sound getting fainter.... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Not a techie so having problems with sound getting fainter as it's now set as high as it can go. Appreciate any help thanks.... 155376 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arcadian, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Arcadian Win User

Sound getting fainter....

Not a techie so having problems with sound getting fainter as it's now set as high as it can go. Appreciate any help thanks....

:)

Arcadian, Apr 30, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound getting fainter.... :p

cadaveca, Apr 30, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Sound getting fainter....

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Sound getting fainter....

1. Sound getting fainter.... - Similar Threads - Sound getting fainter

2. I'm Not getting any Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm Not getting any Sound: I'm Not getting any Sound On My Device. Have run Troubleshooter and Reinstalled Audio Drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-getting-any-sound/937e6bab-af37-420f-8195-2e245ecdb166
  3. faint text, fainter scrollbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    faint text, fainter scrollbar: I hope this is where I can put in the details. I have recently updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and a couple of days later, on Microsoft’s recommendation, to Windows 11. I find things I seriously don’t like. First, texts are now posted in small type in grey or light...
  4. faint text, fainter scrollbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    faint text, fainter scrollbar: I hope this is where I can put in the details. I have recently updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and a couple of days later, on Microsoft’s recommendation, to Windows 11. I find things I seriously don’t like. First, texts are now posted in small type in grey or light...
  5. No sound in Roblox? Get sound back in Roblox!

in Windows 10 News
    No sound in Roblox? Get sound back in Roblox!: [ATTACH]According to many users, when using Roblox, they are not able to hear any sound or the sound is jittery. If you face this issue, then in this post we will show you how to get back clear audio or sound in Roblox. Why is there no sound on Roblox? More often than not, if...
  6. how to get sound on headphones

how to get sound on headphones: headphone jack is plugged into the headphones plugin on the front of my Dell OptiPlex 7010 PC but I cannot hear any sound. Also looks like the headphones do not get recognized but I am no expert by any means.How do I enable sound to be heard in mu headphones please. Jim...
  7. How to get sound back on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get sound back on: My Lenovo laptop was running fine until, then the next day It had no sound for watching videos. I have sound while playing my games online, but not for the videos online. Can anyone please advise me in layman's instructions how to get the sound back on. Thanks in advance....
  8. Continually Getting Sounds on Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continually Getting Sounds on Computer: Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop. I have the computer set so that screen goes off after not being used for 5 minutes, and computer sleeps after 20. I will manually put the computer to sleep, and I will get these sounds over and over. One seems to be the System Notification sound,...
  9. Sound Gets Louder

Sound Gets Louder: I have Realtek chipset soundboard. Everytime an audio source is paused or changed to new source sound gets louder even if master volume scroll stays on same position. If you change volume by yourself sound gets back to normal. Here i found a youtube video show what i'm...
  10. Getting sound with a VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Getting sound with a VM: So , after trying unsuccessfully to get sound to the VM using Hyper V and Win10 as the host machine, and making sure I activated remote desktop services and Enhanced Session mode in Hyper-V, I still get no sound on the VM machine. I installed Win XP as the VM because I wanted...