Windows 10: Sound getting screwed up after Updating

Discus and support Sound getting screwed up after Updating in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone... I'm having a very annoying problem recently. I noticed that after an automatic update from windows my sound is getting messed up, as you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TristeLeRoy, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Sound getting screwed up after Updating

Hi everyone... I'm having a very annoying problem recently. I noticed that after an automatic update from windows my sound is getting messed up, as you can listen here and here. These are the sounds when I try to change the volume of my pc and do the testing option of the speakers. You can see it sounds chopped.

Also, I can't even see videos on Youtube, where it just goes black and says it can't load the audio.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers many times, but it didn't solve the issue, and the only way was restoring the PC with the recovery option to a date before the update. This solves the issue, but then Windows is updated automatically and the problem comes back. I have tried to implement ways of preventing the updates from happening again but it's not an ideal solution, plus it's a struggle to really avoid them anyways from what I've read.

Does Anyone has any clue what might be causing this issue? Let me know if any info is needed. My laptop is a HP ProBook 440 G6.

submitted by /u/TristeLeRoy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TristeLeRoy, Mar 6, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound getting screwed up after Updating :p

cadaveca, Mar 6, 2020
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 6, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Sound getting screwed up after Updating

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Sound getting screwed up after Updating

1. Sound getting screwed up after Updating - Similar Threads - Sound getting screwed

2. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  3. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  4. Screwed up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Update screwed up computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update screwed up computer: After this last forced update which I kept having to uninstall due to constant errors my computer is no longer operating properly. I cannot access the Start menu nor any setting menus. I cannot search any thing. I have tried constant reboots, restarting Windows Explorer....
  6. Screwed Up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screwed Up!: Not sure if this is right section but a few hours ago the whole of Win 10 went config up! I had my images (in the number of thousands) suddenly change real life icons into some damn flower. I seem to recall I had this problem ages ago and you all fixed it but I could not...
  7. Update - Windows screwing up?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update - Windows screwing up?: The last update went in fine but colour settings have gone a bit loopy. Suddenly my colours on games and desktop were really vivid - a real pain on the eyeballs. Eventually fixed that but lost my custom settings. Secondly my task bar along the bottom of the desktop had gone...
  8. Recent windows 10 update screwed up sound drivers...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent windows 10 update screwed up sound drivers...: I have followed all the instructions after the latest update forced by windows update. This is the first time updates has screwed the pooch since I upgraded to windows 10, at least, this badly. If I roll it back, I can force it to reinstall the Sound Blaster Zx driver it...
  9. Update screw up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update screw up: My Laptop did the Windows update about two months ago and ever since then I have not been able to sign into my Laptop and have it save anything. It says Unable to sign you into your account, you are signed in with a temporary account and your information will not be saved....
  10. MS apps screwed up after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS apps screwed up after updates: Anyone having issues with MS app updates tonight? Loads updated such as news, weather, solitaire. They all appear to launch ok but as soon as we switch to another user they refuse to launch. Store prompts reinstall to repair but that doesn't then download. Seems MS has...