Windows 10: Sound goes away after I move the slider after windows 10 update after 9/17/19

Discus and support Sound goes away after I move the slider after windows 10 update after 9/17/19 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the windows 10 update in 9/17/19, my computer started having issues with my sound. My sound volume is stuck at 67% and if I try to make it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Streazy, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Streazy Win User

Sound goes away after I move the slider after windows 10 update after 9/17/19

After the windows 10 update in 9/17/19, my computer started having issues with my sound. My sound volume is stuck at 67% and if I try to make it quieter or louder, it will make my volume at 0. I tried going to the communications tab and making it so it does nothing. I’ve tried to uninstall my sounds from device manager and it doesnt work. If anyone knows the solution, please let me know. Thanks.

:)

Streazy, Sep 18, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

speaker ( or sound ) slider switch disappeared

Hi Hank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to use Volume slider on the taskbar?

• Do you get any error message?

• Are you able to see sound icon on the taskbar?
    I suggest you to hoover your mouse on the right side of the taskbar and click on the sound icon and try to use volume slider and check if it that works.

Follow the steps below and check.

• Discover the empty slot on the
      Taskbar
      and Right click.

• Click on Properties.

• Under Taskbar tab and Notification area
      click on Custom.

• Tap on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.

• Turn on Volume option.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    sound slider

Hello Fred,

The volume sound slider uses the Default Beep sound in Windows 10. If you want to disable this sound, you will no longer get any other sound notifications for events that uses the Default Beep sound.

To disable this sound, please follow the steps below:

1. Press the Start button > type Sound, then press
      Enter.
    2. On the Sounds tab, under Program Events, select the
      Default Beep in the list, set it to None using the drop-down box. Please see the screenshot below:

Sound goes away after I move the slider after windows 10 update after 9/17/19 3a01c6f6-1ad7-4c02-99ca-1f4003c9efbf?upload=true.png

You can also send a feedback using the Feedback Hub app. Please refer to this
    link

Hope this information helps you. If you have additional questions, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Sound goes away after I move the slider after windows 10 update after 9/17/19

8/9/17 updates for Windows 10

Security update KB4034658, Security update Adobe Flash Player, and update for windows KB4035631, ran on my Windows 10 laptop on 8/9/17. Since then Edge no longer works, my Update panel says "no updates have been run yet" and Microsoft games will not
    load. How can this be fixed?

JeannineLenovos, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Sound goes away after I move the slider after windows 10 update after 9/17/19

1. Sound goes away after I move the slider after windows 10 update after 9/17/19 - Similar Threads - Sound goes away

2. Touch screen goes away after a while/ blackscreen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen goes away after a while/ blackscreen after login: 1. Whenever I update my drivers touchscreen it goes away after a while. And I always have to update my driver just to come back. And it goes away. I cant roll back because it wont let me.2.After login my screen become black for a while and it takes forever to load.Device name...
  3. Touch screen goes away after a while/ blackscreen after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch screen goes away after a while/ blackscreen after login: 1. Whenever I update my drivers touchscreen it goes away after a while. And I always have to update my driver just to come back. And it goes away. I cant roll back because it wont let me.2.After login my screen become black for a while and it takes forever to load.Device name...
  4. After update on 08/17/2021 HUGE SOUND ISSUES

in Windows 10 Customization
    After update on 08/17/2021 HUGE SOUND ISSUES: Updated computer on 08/16/2021 Windows 10 ever since the update the following issue is happeningThe sound on my speakers is being automatically MUTED and UN-MUTED with no input from the keyboard.I have tried removing all the sound drivers and having windows reinstall them -...
  5. Sound Slider Disappeared after latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound Slider Disappeared after latest Windows 10 Update: Recently my sound slider has disappeared, the only way for me to see what my volume is on is by going to my settings... Both sound sliders... the one that appears on the top left and the one on the taskbar....
  6. After Microsoft update on 19/9/20 sound has stoped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Microsoft update on 19/9/20 sound has stoped working: Hi, My computer recently performed an update on restart 19/9/20 and ever since then I have been undable to get it to play any sound. It was working perfectly before then. The comput shows that is proudcing the sound but nothing comes through my speakers. I have upated all...
  7. Sound dies after interacting with the volume slider.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound dies after interacting with the volume slider.: So I have just today reinstalled my system, reinstalled the basics and got onto one of my games and thought the sound was too loud through my speakers. So I tabbed out, clicked the volume button in the bottom right and clicked and dragged the volume slider down a bit. As...
  8. USB-C port not working after Windows update 9/30/19

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB-C port not working after Windows update 9/30/19: Pre-update Monitor worked fine with USB-C port Post Update Monitor no longer sees USB-c connection to computer. Colleague's computer connected to same cable and monitor works fine - no issues Keyboard types super slowly with monitor plugged into USB-C,...
  9. Window 10 rebooting after sleep since 9/10/19 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Window 10 rebooting after sleep since 9/10/19 update: Does not come out of sleep but reboots automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-rebooting-after-sleep-since-91019-update/1537caa4-52f0-42c3-8296-74c329315ebf
  10. No sound form speakers after June'19 MS Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound form speakers after June'19 MS Update: My speakers are inoperative after recent MS update; I have taken recommended troubleshooting steps to no avail; MS help number in essence says "go away" and hangs up; Windows 10...