Windows 10: Sound goes in and out?

Discus and support Sound goes in and out? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a HP Pavilion 15, running Windows 10. I got it in December 2019. Recently, even with the volume all the way up, it is still very quiet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DullSecretary, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Sound goes in and out?

I have a HP Pavilion 15, running Windows 10. I got it in December 2019.

Recently, even with the volume all the way up, it is still very quiet. Intermittently, the volume returns to the set the level for like a second and then goes back to the quiet level. All sound drivers are up-to-date per the device manager and Windows 10 is up-to-date as well.

Please help!

submitted by /u/DullSecretary
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DullSecretary, Jun 30, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound goes in and out? :p

cadaveca, Jun 30, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Sound goes in and out?

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Sound goes in and out?

1. Sound goes in and out? - Similar Threads - Sound goes

2. Screen randomly goes black, sound stops, but computer still on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen randomly goes black, sound stops, but computer still on: Hello everyone, In the last week or so I've been having a scary recurring problem. Randomly once or twice a day, during times of normal non-gaming use, both of my monitors on my desktop will go completely black, and the sound will stop. There is no cursor or other input...
  3. Spotify, YouTube Videos & Webinars sound no longer goes to Headphones automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotify, YouTube Videos & Webinars sound no longer goes to Headphones automatically: Since the last Windows update, sound doesn't go to my headphones automatically for Spotify web player, YouTube Videos & Webinar Links. Zoom works automatically when settings are right in Zoom. However, to get the others to work I have to open the Windows sound settings...
  4. The sound goes all the way up to 100 when i set max volume at 20

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The sound goes all the way up to 100 when i set max volume at 20: Before you say to update your drivers... I have like 15 times I have done everything and it still is super weird. [ATTACH] See it's going above the limit?!? that's not all [ATTACH] Its greyed out I can't access it? all suggestions are welcome i need this fixed....
  5. I changed the notification sound but the default one still goes off when I receive a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I changed the notification sound but the default one still goes off when I receive a...: So I'm using RuneLite to play OSRS and I have idle notifier turned on The default Windows notification sound is way too loud so I switched to a different one Yet, when I receive a notification the default sound along with the other sound I chose goes off Any help?...
  6. sound stops on headphones when PC goes to sleep and wakes up again

sound stops on headphones when PC goes to sleep and wakes up again: If I have headphones plugged into my laptop, then close the lid or go away and then it sleeps - the sound stops working on the headphones until I fully shut down not restart the computer and start it again. What should I try?...
  7. Display goes black when recording sound

Display goes black when recording sound: Hi, I faced a problem where my laptop display goes black when the microphone array is activated (eg recording voice message etc). Pressing any buttons won't wake the display but I know the laptop is still running in the background. I have to put my display to sleep and...
  8. Windows 10 chime sound keeps looping whenever my screen goes to sleep mode.

Windows 10 chime sound keeps looping whenever my screen goes to sleep mode.: 2 days ago I restarted my pc for the 1903 update. Whenever my screen goes to sleep mode after 5 minutes of not using it, this chime/sound keeps repeating itself until I move the mouse to wake the screen. Its the sound when a device is plugged in and out, but it just keeps...
  9. Sounds when a piece of puzzle goes together

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sounds when a piece of puzzle goes together: My puzzles upgraded and now when apiece goes together its different sounds you can choose. I don’t like it . I would like the click sound that I always had. The music sounds drive me nuts. Can I get that clicking sound back? I’ve tried to fix it and can’t....
  10. Sound goes away after I move the slider after windows 10 update after 9/17/19

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound goes away after I move the slider after windows 10 update after 9/17/19: After the windows 10 update in 9/17/19, my computer started having issues with my sound. My sound volume is stuck at 67% and if I try to make it quieter or louder, it will make my volume at 0. I tried going to the communications tab and making it so it does nothing. I’ve...