Windows 10: Sound goes off

Discus and support Sound goes off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Toshiba Satellite L755 - PSK1WU - 066010, Running Windows 10 Sound plays when laptop is turned on but goes off after about 5 minutes. Affects all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KenHarter, Jan 26, 2019.

1. KenHarter Win User

Sound goes off

Toshiba Satellite L755 - PSK1WU - 066010, Running Windows 10

Sound plays when laptop is turned on but goes off after about 5 minutes. Affects all apps

Problem started some time ago but to my knowledge was not related to a Windows or other update

I have been through all recommended troubleshooting processes without solving the problem

Looking for suggestions to identify and correct the problem

:)

KenHarter, Jan 26, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound goes off :p

cadaveca, Jan 26, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Sound goes off

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Sound goes off

1. Sound goes off - Similar Threads - Sound goes off

2. Bluetooth goes on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth goes on and off: My bluetooth keeps on turning off / disconnecting. When I connect it will only last for 15 to half an hour then disconnect. I tried to use my device and connect it to other PC that I have without problem at all but not on this laptop. I check if there is anything that block...
  3. Bluetooth goes on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth goes on and off: My bluetooth keeps on turning off / disconnecting. When I connect it will only last for 15 to half an hour then disconnect. I tried to use my device and connect it to other PC that I have without problem at all but not on this laptop. I check if there is anything that block...
  4. Sound goes off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound goes off: Every now and then there is no system sound, and the volume mixer shows that it's muted. It's easy enough to make the one-time correction, but why does it keep happening and can I prevent a recurrence?...
  5. Sound goes off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound goes off: Every now and then there is no system sound, and the volume mixer shows that it's muted. It's easy enough to make the one-time correction, but why does it keep happening and can I prevent a recurrence?...
  6. Sound goes off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer goes off and on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer goes off and on: My computer is 2 years old was working just fine up until 2 days ago when the blue screen came up and said that there was information being gathered and that my computer would be restarted.I came back the next day and turned it on Again I got the blue screen that wouldn't...
  8. Sound goes in and out?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound goes in and out?: I have a HP Pavilion 15, running Windows 10. I got it in December 2019. Recently, even with the volume all the way up, it is still very quiet. Intermittently, the volume returns to the set the level for like a second and then goes back to the quiet level. All sound drivers...
  9. Screen goes off and on when pc goes off and on?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes off and on when pc goes off and on?: How do I set the screen to go on and off so I don't have to press 2 buttons every time? Bildschirm geht aus und an wenn pc aus und an geht?
  10. Dell Laptop goes off

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Laptop goes off: could someone please explain what might be happening, in brief, while working on my laptop, it suddenly goes off, and I cant get it to switch back on, so I take the battery out and after few seconds I try to switch it back on, no go, then after a minute or so, the computer...