Windows 10: Sound gone entirely after update.

Discus and support Sound gone entirely after update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After the latest update my sound is completely gone. Microphone and sound both. It seems to be drivers issue because I can see the drivers installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pubble1, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Sound gone entirely after update.

After the latest update my sound is completely gone. Microphone and sound both. It seems to be drivers issue because I can see the drivers installed but applications do not recognize any devices. I tried all suggestions from google and reddit, anyone experiencing the same issues?

submitted by /u/Pubble1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pubble1, Feb 6, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound gone entirely after update. :p

cadaveca, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Sound gone entirely after update.

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Sound gone entirely after update.

1. Sound gone entirely after update. - Similar Threads - Sound gone entirely

2. 40GB gone after an update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    40GB gone after an update?: Hello,I recently did a simple update on my computer. It was only a cumulative update, so I thought nothing of it.But when I restarted my computer, suddenly the free space available on my hard drive went from 100gb down to 60gb I have a 200gb ssd.I'm really not sure where...
  3. Sound gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound gone: For months, when I didn't want to bother others with any sound from videos I was watching, I'd plug in ear plugs and the sound would transfer to them. But in the last couple days, I no longer can get sound without plugging in ear plugs. How do I get sound back to my...
  4. Sound Gone After Windows Reset

Sound Gone After Windows Reset: I reset windows 10 (build 18362) installation on an old computer with Asus M5A78L-M LX motherboard. The files were kept, but all programs removed. After the reset the sound is not working. Without the manufacturer driver the speakers remain in unplugged state even when they...
  5. Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update

Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update: Windows sound is breaking everytime I load a new game to play, I get an X on my sound and it like sends lag throughout my pc. Please some help today would be awesome![ATTACH]...
  6. Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update of Feb 29th

Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update of Feb 29th: After the automatic update of Feb 29th, yesterday the computer does not locate any sound devices. I no longer have speaker or microphone access. Any one else? How to fix?...
  7. Sound gone with Win10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound gone with Win10 1903 update: Recently updated to 1903 but failed to make sound work on my desktop. I have SB X-Fi Extreme. I had to go back to the previous version. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-gone-with-win10-1903-update/e4feda43-54fd-42a1-a412-a225ef93befd
  8. sound gone after update windows 10

sound gone after update windows 10: [ATTACH] sound is not working after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-gone-after-update-windows-10/7a57bf7f-6081-4ca7-a155-fddb39595927
  9. Wifi entirely gone form network settings

Wifi entirely gone form network settings: Yesterday, my wifi stopped working entirely. On the bottom right corner where the "wifi button" is, it is gone. When I go to Settings>Network and Internet there is no wifi setting. I have tried everything so far- restarting, updating drivers through windows, updating drivers...
  10. Sound gone weird after 10 update

Sound gone weird after 10 update: My sound on my laptop has gone weak and lacks base after latest update. Volume is maxed out but useless. 86113