Windows 10: Sound icon and sound

Discus and support Sound icon and sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the taskbar settings if I enable "show all icons in notification area" the sound icon appears with a red x. If i put the pointer on it, it mentions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KostasVic, Jan 31, 2021.

1. KostasVic Win User

Sound icon and sound

In the taskbar settings if I enable "show all icons in notification area" the sound icon appears with a red x.

If i put the pointer on it, it mentions "audio service not working" but despite those indications all sounds works great.

If I disable it, the icon appears normally, but it doesn't respond to the mouse click until I restart the windowss explorer

and sound causes problems sometimes. Any suggestions?

:)

KostasVic, Jan 31, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 31, 2021
  4. cadaveca Win User

Sound icon and sound

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound icon and sound :p

cadaveca, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Sound icon and sound

1. Sound icon and sound - Similar Threads - Sound icon sound

2. Sound ICON in NOT Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound ICON in NOT Working: Okay, let me start by saying yes, I have read a few other topics but I also don't want to spend hours searching for things to find out Windows' hasn't actually resolved the issue or not.The little speaker icon on the task bar in the bottom right of my screen, next to calendar...
  3. sound icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound icon: my sound icon in the taskbar has stopped working the slider control does not appear, I saw online that if you restart windows explorer in task manager it fixes it, but you have do this each time you restart your PC. anyone know the problem...
  4. sound icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound icon: my sound icon in the taskbar has stopped working the slider control does not appear, I saw online that if you restart windows explorer in task manager it fixes it, but you have do this each time you restart your PC. anyone know the problem...
  5. sound icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Sound icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound icon: The sound icon in the lower right taskbar is set on 100%, and when we click on it, the window to change the volume doesn't pop up. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-icon/8cd31809-7c4c-44ee-8f37-e52ba51cf767
  7. Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar

Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar: The sounds icon is missing when Sound is clicked on taskbar resulting in no sound except through headset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sounds-missing-from-sound-icon-on-taskbar/3d80c743-7867-41d7-966a-38af294d7977
  8. Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar: The sounds icon is missing when Sound is clicked on taskbar resulting in no sound except through headset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sounds-missing-from-sound-icon-on-taskbar/e5350383-2a75-469a-a182-be982adf62ee
  9. lost sound icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost sound icon: lost sound icon by clock how do iget it back win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-icon/9274f5be-0df5-4c06-9208-282c09a94f59
  10. no sound, red X on sound icon

no sound, red X on sound icon: I wanted to watch a video on my PC but there was no sound with a red circle with “X” on sound icon. I couldn’t turn the sound on. Troubleshooting couldn’t detect a problem....