Windows 10: Sound icon disappears and does not come come back

Discus and support Sound icon disappears and does not come come back in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It seems there is space the task bar for a icon, but it isn't there. network icon hides when volume icon is off. I tried restart several times, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CaesarXZ, Jun 22, 2021.

1. CaesarXZ Win User

Sound icon disappears and does not come come back

It seems there is space the task bar for a icon, but it isn't there. network icon hides when volume icon is off. I tried restart several times, no luck.

:)

CaesarXZ, Jun 22, 2021

2. No sound coming from any streaming service

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Icons have disappeared

Hi Robert,

Missing icons after a recent Windows update can be due to the changes made in your PC Settings while updating.
    Before we proceed with any troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you make sure that
    Show Desktop icons is enabled. Here's how:

• Right-click on the empty area on your desktop.
    • Choose View and you should see Show Desktop icons option.
    • Try checking and unchecking Show Desktop icons option a few times but remember to leave this option checked.

Should the issue persists, you can turn off tablet mode. Windows 10 is designed to work with touchscreen devices and touchscreen monitors and it comes with tablet mode that optimizes Windows 10 for touchscreen devices. apparently using tablet mode can sometimes
    cause your icons to disappear so let’s see how we can turn off tablet mode. Follow the steps below to turn off tablet mode:

• Open Settings > System and choose Tablet mode from the left.
    • Locate the Make Windows more touch-friendly when using your device as a tablet and set it to off.
    • Your desktop icons should now appear. If that doesn’t work, try turning on and off Tablet mode a few times.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Sound icon disappears and does not come come back

Sound coming from both speaker and headphone

Hi Abhigyan,

This issue may occur due to damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card. I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let's first run Audio Troubleshooter and check.

• Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.

• Click hardware and sound and click on ‘Playing Audio’.
    Method 2: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to make sure the default audio device is set correctly.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      control panel.

• Type Sound in the search box and click on
      Sound.

• Click on Playback tab.

• Right-click on Microphone and select
      Set as default device.

• Click on Apply and then Ok.
    Method 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to download and install latest audio driver from the computer manufacturer website. Check if it helps.

Hope this information helps.

SujataMoktan, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Sound icon disappears and does not come come back

1. Sound icon disappears and does not come come back - Similar Threads - Sound icon disappears

2. Touchscreen driver disappeared and won't come back :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchscreen driver disappeared and won't come back :: A while back, the touchscreen on my laptop HP Envy x360 running Windows 11 stopped working. I didn't notice right away, so I'm not sure what caused the issue. I was away from home at the time, so I was having trouble getting it fixed. I chatted with HP support, and we tried...
  3. Touchscreen driver disappeared and won't come back :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchscreen driver disappeared and won't come back :: A while back, the touchscreen on my laptop HP Envy x360 running Windows 11 stopped working. I didn't notice right away, so I'm not sure what caused the issue. I was away from home at the time, so I was having trouble getting it fixed. I chatted with HP support, and we tried...
  4. Task bar goes blank, icons disappear, and then desktop icons come back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar goes blank, icons disappear, and then desktop icons come back.: After the February 2022 Windows 11 update the one that added the clock/date on the second monitor and updated note pad, I gotten times where my taskbar goes blank and the icons disappear for a few seconds. Then 5 to 20 seconds later, the icons come back and then bounce as...
  5. Task bar goes blank, icons disappear, and then desktop icons come back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar goes blank, icons disappear, and then desktop icons come back.: After the February 2022 Windows 11 update the one that added the clock/date on the second monitor and updated note pad, I gotten times where my taskbar goes blank and the icons disappear for a few seconds. Then 5 to 20 seconds later, the icons come back and then bounce as...
  6. thumbnails disappearing on browser home page and then come back.

in Windows 10 Customization
    thumbnails disappearing on browser home page and then come back.: Why do my thumbnails disappear and then come back. THis is new. there is no topic that applies chrome forum is impossible. they answer nothing. i'm sorry to ask here but maybe someone can help me. laptop is completely clean. norton serviced it last night....
  7. This keeps coming back...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This keeps coming back...: So not that long ago when I started my laptop there came a message: “scanning and repairing drive C”. I was like okay no worries but every time I restart or something it comes back. I tried to check the drive manually I tried to skip the scanning but nothing seems to work....
  8. Sound, Video and Game controllers tab disappeared and does not come back in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound, Video and Game controllers tab disappeared and does not come back in Device Manager: I started the day using my msi laptop perfectly, no problems with audio, then it said it needed to restart to update something, I agreed and it restarted. There was the "working on updates" screen, 100%, it restarted again, another "working on updates" screen, this time it...
  9. Sound does not come out of my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound does not come out of my pc: I have a problem, I tried everything, nothing rely worked. My PC doesent recognize my headset or my speakers. Whatever I plug in my ports it doesent work. Is the problem with the ports or something in the PC I need answers it has been like this since the last update on my...
  10. Sound won't come back after muting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound won't come back after muting: That's a problem I've been having for as long as I can remember, and now I thought maybe someone here might help. So whenever I mute my sound (either using media key on keyboard, or clicking the speaker icon on the system bar and the other one to the left of the slider, or...