Windows 10: Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.

Discus and support Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Control panel will open, but when I click on sound, It errors with [ATTACH] This has been bugging me for awhile now, and I have struggled trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeffBaker9, May 15, 2019.

1. Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.

Control panel will open, but when I click on sound, It errors with

Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings. dd72979f-08a6-41b5-89a9-a1c2d753b144?upload=true.jpg

This has been bugging me for awhile now, and I have struggled trying to fix it...

I need to boost the mic I use for skype as the volume is too low. Windows 10 64 bit OS

Several other Icons in the control panel won't work either, Mouse, Internet options, Indexing options, File Explorer Options and others all error. Some do work.

I changed permissions in the rundll32.exe file.. but it did not make any difference.

Jeff

:)

JeffBaker9, May 15, 2019

2. Sound settings not opening the sound control panel.

Before i reformatted my computer anytime I would right click on sound settings and click 'open sound settings' it would always default to my 'sound control panel. Now anytime I open sound settings it opens the main setting options for windows 10 and I
    have to click 'sound control panel' on the right side of the window. My work computer doesn't have this issue so i'm sure it's some random setting i can't find.
    Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings. 6c4fe2c4-082d-4f9d-93cf-a46aa7ed03d5?upload=true.png

Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings. d961e797-0f53-4eaf-834f-6ed62138c42f?upload=true.png

MatthewW717, May 15, 2019
  3. Sound settings not opening the sound control panel.

Thats the default behavior. The quickest way to get to the classic sound control panel:

Open Start, type: change sound card

Hit Enter

Andre for Directly, May 15, 2019
  4. DENMON Win User

Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.

Cannot access the Sound control panel

Already tried ): Anywhere you can try to access sound, nothing happens.

DENMON, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.

1. Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings. - Similar Threads - Sound ICON Control

2. Sound control panel not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound control panel not opening: So I just noticed that the sound control panel is not opening, I tried right clicking the volume icon on the taskbar, and click sounds. I also tried opening it from the sound settings. Anything I can do?...
  3. Sound control panel not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound control panel not opening: So I just noticed that the sound control panel is not opening, I tried right clicking the volume icon on the taskbar, and click sounds. I also tried opening it from the sound settings. Anything I can do?...
  4. Sound control panel not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sound Control Panel

Sound Control Panel: Ever since the new windows updates, Sound Control Panel , also known in the bottom right (from sounds - speaker) as Playback Devices / Recording Devices, this tab has been taken out and we were given some option not many care about (even if they do, a lot of people never...
  6. Not able to open sound settings in control panel

Not able to open sound settings in control panel: I recently built a new computer and I have windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.267. It lets me open the control panel but when I click on sound settings, a message appears on the screen that says "This app can't run on your PC" and under it, it says :To find a version for...
  7. Control Panel Sounds

Control Panel Sounds: Device Disconnect makes a sound while computer is in sleep mode. How do I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-sounds/4c65c3d3-48e9-43c9-8531-bb29344b98a1
  8. Cannot open sound settings from control panel

Cannot open sound settings from control panel: Hello, for the longest time I have been unable to open the sound settings in the control panel. My sound works perfectly fine and I can change the speaker and microphone through other methods. I can here sound and my microphone works fine but since windows 10 I am unable to...
  9. Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Control Panel: Hi.Running a Windows 10 computer.Running headless using Remote Desktop.Only use the computer as a music server.Have a dac connected to computer.In sound panel under playback it's only option is Remote Audio.Dac and other options are not there.Right click to show disabled and...
  10. No sound, No Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound, No Control Panel: Installed Win10 and have the following problems. 1) I have no sound; Sound icon on task bars says "No audio Output Device Installed." When I run troubleshooter, it says Troubleshooting couldn't detect the problem. 2) Control Panel: When I click on control panel it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no speaker icon in control panel

2. can not open sound control panel by right click on sound icon 1903

3. audio icom ont open