Windows 10: sound icon malfunction

Discus and support sound icon malfunction in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; clicking on my speaker icon in system tray does absolutely nothing, I've tried other solutions listed here with no success, I'm looking for further... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lagrenouille_29, Mar 7, 2022.

1. sound icon malfunction

clicking on my speaker icon in system tray does absolutely nothing, I've tried other solutions listed here with no success, I'm looking for further advice on how to correct this issue.

:)

Lagrenouille_29, Mar 7, 2022
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound icon malfunction :p

cadaveca, Mar 7, 2022
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 7, 2022
  4. sound icon malfunction

Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 7, 2022
Thema:

sound icon malfunction

1. sound icon malfunction - Similar Threads - sound icon malfunction

2. Malfunction sound and other icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malfunction sound and other icons: Speaker icon and other icon in system tray does absolutely nothing. Any advice is helpful. Please help. I tried to restart and shutdown with no success. I run update on the PC but it is up to date....
  3. Malfunction sound and other icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malfunction sound and other icons: Speaker icon and other icon in system tray does absolutely nothing. Any advice is helpful. Please help. I tried to restart and shutdown with no success. I run update on the PC but it is up to date....
  4. Malfunction sound and other icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. sound icon malfunction

sound icon malfunction: clicking on my speaker icon in system tray does absolutely nothing, I've tried other solutions listed here with no success, I'm looking for further advice on how to correct this issue....
  6. sound icon malfunction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound icon malfunction: clicking on my speaker icon in system tray does absolutely nothing, I've tried other solutions listed here with no success, I'm looking for further advice on how to correct this issue....
  7. Taskbar icon malfunctioned

Taskbar icon malfunctioned: My taskbar icons in right side volume , time, malfunctioned. Sometimes it's not appear. Some time part of icons are shown. How can I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-malfunctioned/720a1601-76e5-499e-bb85-025aeaf8fcc3
  8. Sound devices Malfunctioning

Sound devices Malfunctioning: I got an original Asus Laptop then after a few months it started a chiming noise I do not want to delete or add anything just to solve it i need to fix it quickly...
  9. Headset Sound Distortion, Keyboard Malfunctions, Other Malfunctions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Sound Distortion, Keyboard Malfunctions, Other Malfunctions: OS: Windows 10 64-bit MB: MSI Z77 Mpower Keyboard: Dell (Generic) Headset: Plantronics Gamecom 780 Symptoms: Sound from the headset will occasionally distort with a buzzing timbre regardless of currently running application. Headset will stop producing sound and...
  10. the icons for microsoft edge are malfunctioning

the icons for microsoft edge are malfunctioning: after the entire Microsoft edge program updated the icons are malfunctioning- can you help me find the problem?...