Windows 10: Sound Icon missing notification center

Discus and support Sound Icon missing notification center in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, yesterday my sound icon disappeared from my notification center. I have searched the internet for a solution and the ones I have found have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by karstenes, Aug 24, 2015.

1. karstenes Win User

Sound Icon missing notification center

Hello,
    yesterday my sound icon disappeared from my notification center. I have searched the internet for a solution and the ones I have found have not worked. In the enable windows icons page, the switch for the sound icon is grayed out. I cant change my volume so please help!

:)

karstenes, Aug 24, 2015
  2. rokabard Win User

Action Center is not showing past notifications

Hello,

I have recently made a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and I don't think the Action Center is working as intended.

In short, the Action Center does not show past notifications.

Notification toasts from various apps do appear on the desktop, and the icon for a new notification does lights up, but when I open Action Center either there is no notification there or the one notification is there, but is then automatically cleared once
    I close the Action Center (even if I did not click on it). The Action Center is therefore always empty.

It was my impression that the Action Center should show a list of past notifications, so that if I am away from the computer I can check the notifications I've missed. Am I missing something or is the Action Center bugged?

thanks.

rokabard, Aug 24, 2015
  3. rumpl14 Win User
    Win 10 - Sound Icon Missing in Desktop Mode

The sound is working properly on my PC and I have the latest drivers installed. However, the Sound icon is missing from the task bar notification area when using desktop mode. If I switch to tablet mode, the sound icon displays properly and I can control
    the volume or mute the sound. What must I do to get the Sound icon to display on the task bar notification area when in desktop mode? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

rumpl14, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

Sound Icon missing notification center

1. Sound Icon missing notification center - Similar Threads - Sound Icon missing

2. Notification Center Icon is as a vertical window box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Center Icon is as a vertical window box: There is no bell icon in the notification center, instead there is a vertical window box regardless of which mode it is, normal or do not disturb or if there is a new notification, it's always a vertical box. I have the latest updates on Windows 11....
  3. Notification Area Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Area Icons Missing: Most of the previous icons I had in my Notification Area are gone. I've tried resetting them in TaskBar Settings with no luck. Have also tried resetting Windows Explorer. Nothing works! Help!...
  4. Notification Center, and Desktop Icon Problems.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notification Center, and Desktop Icon Problems.: Problem 1 - In the top right corner of my desktop, I have an Icon, that every time I reboot, log in, or refresh the desktop, it moves back to the left-hand side, where there is a space. Problem 2 - In the Notification Sidebar thing, the "Quick Actions" on the right are cut...
  5. Can't change action center notification sound...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change action center notification sound...: When i set it to custom it's the same notification sound but when pressing test it works, any help? submitted by /u/Lucar69gaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jlqerx/cant_change_action_center_notification_sound/
  6. Missing Apps in the notifications settings for the action center

Missing Apps in the notifications settings for the action center: Hello, I'm having issues with the notifications for the action center. The action center on windows 10 is working well, except that I want to get notifications for some apps like Brave, a new browser that i had installed for two or three weeks and it did not appear on the...
  7. notification area sound icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    notification area sound icon: Windows 10 on Bootcamp - Notification area sound icon does not control sound, any ideas please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area-sound-icon/4cf1a029-4624-41fc-88d5-8f22ea492241
  8. action center icon missing

action center icon missing: Missing icon for action center after update Windows 10 August 17, 2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_action/action-center-icon-missing/2fd34ca9-7616-4d98-911a-a034cc7bfba7
  9. The Notification Center icon needs to be red

in Windows 10 Support
    The Notification Center icon needs to be red: Right? Shouldn't it stand out more, like change to red, if you miss a notification? Changes from black to white just isn't enough imo 14007
  10. no banner or sound notifications, but they appear in action center

in Windows 10 Support
    no banner or sound notifications, but they appear in action center: So My computer is basically behaving as if quiet hours mode is activated, but quiet hours are NOT activated. For example, if I get an email or plug in a new device, the only thing that happens is the icon for action center goes from clear to white. This is only happening...