Windows 10: Sound icon on taskbar doesn't work

Discus and support Sound icon on taskbar doesn't work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This happens very often and I'm not too sure why, but it doesn't let me click the small sound icon in the bottom right of the taskbar. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Atomic_Typh00n, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Sound icon on taskbar doesn't work

Sound icon on taskbar doesn't work C7nWElPEPtk6DPFmoo9s1Ol1VH9Oaz0WBLjY2i5LJFE.jpg

This happens very often and I'm not too sure why, but it doesn't let me click the small sound icon in the bottom right of the taskbar. When I click on it or right click on it, nothing happens and if I want to change my sound levels I have to go into settings, which is very unnecessary and just takes up time. I tried troubleshooting the audio and it did nothing, I still can't interact or do anything with the small sound icon. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like if you don't know what I'm talking about:

Sound icon that I am talking about

submitted by /u/Atomic_Typh00n
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Atomic_Typh00n, Jan 23, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Sound icon on taskbar doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Bushka Win User
    Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Sound icon on taskbar doesn't work

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Sound icon on taskbar doesn't work

1. Sound icon on taskbar doesn't work - Similar Threads - Sound icon taskbar

2. not working wi-fi icon battery sound in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not working wi-fi icon battery sound in taskbar: hello,good time I installed windows 11 on my laptop then i click on the Wi-Fi,battery,and sound icons in the taskbar,they dont work.i did all the solutions that your colleagues annouced for this issue,but it still didnt work.i even deleted windows and reinstalled it.,it was...
  3. not working wi-fi icon battery sound in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not working wi-fi icon battery sound in taskbar: hello,good time I installed windows 11 on my laptop then i click on the Wi-Fi,battery,and sound icons in the taskbar,they dont work.i did all the solutions that your colleagues annouced for this issue,but it still didnt work.i even deleted windows and reinstalled it.,it was...
  4. Sound icon on taskbar no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound icon on taskbar no longer working: Just yesterday Aug 26, 2020 the sound icon that I use regularly to adjust volume has stopped working. I'm sure there's a simple fix, but I haven't found it. Please help?...
  5. Sound doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound doesn't work?: Ok so I very recently got my new laptop, it's a Lenovo Thinkpad T450, and so far it's been working fine. It's hard to say when exactly the problem started or why, but late yesterday the sound just... stopped? No settings were changed, no dodgy links were opened, there is no...
  6. Taskbar icons gone + alt tab doesn't work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar icons gone + alt tab doesn't work.: Hello Everyone, I've recently encountered a situation in which none of my taskbar icons are displayed, I can't click the windows icon or task view in the bottom left and Alt + Tab doesn't work either. Win + Tab used to work but now it doesn't. I attempted following this...
  7. Sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound doesn't work: I got a new laptop and the sound and speakers worked fine. I connected my Bluetooth earphones and I used them for maybe a week. One day i decided to use the speakers but the sound wouldn't turn on. I've tested multiple devices and it seems like wired earphones and the...
  8. Sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound doesn't work: Why does the sound stop working on my Windows 10 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-doesnt-work/9b464071-8b38-472a-b211-ecb240969c1d
  9. Sound icon doesn't work after creator update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound icon doesn't work after creator update.: Nothing happens when I left click on the sound icon following the creator update. Right click gives a working menu. How can I get the left click volume control back? 82101
  10. Taskbar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar doesn't work: Hello, today after booting up my PC I noticed that my taskbar would overlap with the YouTube video I was watching. At first I thought that i could just fix it by restarting the Explorer using the Task Manager, but after that didn't work, I just restarted my computer. That...