Windows 10: Sound in a browser and the Windows Audio Service

Discus and support Sound in a browser and the Windows Audio Service in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I have a strange issue in Windows 10 x64 with two user accounts on the PC. I am finding that sound inside a browser (i.e. videos or audio) does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by M&ttR0bbins, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Sound in a browser and the Windows Audio Service

Hi

I have a strange issue in Windows 10 x64 with two user accounts on the PC.

I am finding that sound inside a browser (i.e. videos or audio) does not work, though the system sound is still working. It doesn't matter which browser is used, and a restart of the Windows Audio Service fixes it until the next reboot.

I need to test further however, this seems to happen when logging on after the other user had been using the machine (on their separate account). Even if they have logged off, and even if the machine was shut down. If I was the last user, and I logon again, the error doesn't seem to occur.

The Audio Service shows as running both before and after the restart.

I have tried updating and reinstalling drivers, but still happening.

Any ideas, community?

Thanks

Matt

:)

M&ttR0bbins, Apr 5, 2019

2. audio services not responding

Hi David,

An outdated audio driver is one of the possible causes why the sound of your device is not working properly.

To troubleshoot your concern, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R key together to open Run dialog box. Then type services.msc and hit Enter to open Services window. Locate Windows
      Audio
      and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services. Then check if their Status are Running and Startup type is Automatic.
    • Follow the series of troubleshooting steps on this
      link
    Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 pro 64 "the audio service is not running" every 5 minutes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

First lets make sure the Windows Audio service
    is running or not.

• Search for Services in the search bar and search Windows Audio service
      in the list of services.
    • Right-click on the Windows Audio service, and then click Properties.
    • On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic
      is selected.
    • Also make sure that the service is started
    Also suggest you to try the steps below and see if It helps to resolve issue with Audio Issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

For the issue related o edge I suggest you to try to restart Microsoft Edge Browser.

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task.
    • Restart your Computer and check if it helps.
    This issue may also happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly
    follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.
    Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Sound in a browser and the Windows Audio Service

no audio sound

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the exact issue you are facing with accessing sounds on your device?
    • Have you installed all the installed updates on your device after upgrading to Windows 10?

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Method 3: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.

Method 4: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of accessing sound for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Sound in a browser and the Windows Audio Service

1. Sound in a browser and the Windows Audio Service - Similar Threads - Sound browser Audio

2. no sound audio services not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound audio services not working: No sound Error message 'audio services not working' after running audio trouble shooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-audio-services-not-working/ed81d1a7-4cfe-4c96-a0a7-581cc220035d
  3. no sound audio services not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound audio services not working: No sound Error message 'audio services not working' after running audio trouble shooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-audio-services-not-working/ed81d1a7-4cfe-4c96-a0a7-581cc220035d
  4. no sound audio services not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Audio service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio service: Nothing will play audio on my Windows 10 PC. I have done all the usual and recommended checks. The issue seems to be in Windows Audio service or Windows Audio Endpoint Builder, or both, on log on. They are saying my password is invalid, but I don't know what the password...
  6. Sound doesn't work audio services isn't responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound doesn't work audio services isn't responding: Hi! I don't know how this happened. My sound worked fine yesterday, but today it doesn't work at all and I don't think I've done anything to mess with it. I have tried restarting my computer several times. At first it seemed like i couldn't do anything with sound - like...
  7. Windows Audio Service Not Showing in Services

Windows Audio Service Not Showing in Services: I am unable to hear any audio through my laptop speakers. When I troubleshoot the problem it says audio services not responding. I am also unable to see Windows Audio in services. [ATTACH]...
  8. Sound doesnt work audio service running and endpoint service running

Sound doesnt work audio service running and endpoint service running: I am currently having sound issues basically, my sound doesn't work no matter what I do my sound services are running, have speakers, my icon looks fine, my computer volume is up, and my speaker volume is up *Sad 122090
  9. Sound doesnt work audio service running and endpoint service running

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound doesnt work audio service running and endpoint service running: I am currently having sound issues basically, my sound doesn't work no matter what I do my sound services are running, have speakers, my icon looks fine, my computer volume is up, and my speaker volume is up *Sad 122090
  10. No sound in browsers but sound works in Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound in browsers but sound works in Windows...: Hi, I didn't know where else to post this based on the titles of each forum, so I figured "software" was the closest I could get. I think it's a browser issue. The deal is that after a video driver update the other day, I lost sound in my browsers (Chrome is what I use, but...