Windows 10: Sound in Chrome Stops Working

Discus and support Sound in Chrome Stops Working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,I'm not sure if this is a Chrome issue, or a Windows issue with Chrome. The problem I'm having is weird. Audio in Chrome will work, and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lindrenas, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Lindrenas Win User

Sound in Chrome Stops Working

Hello,I'm not sure if this is a Chrome issue, or a Windows issue with Chrome. The problem I'm having is weird. Audio in Chrome will work, and then stop. As an example: If I go to YouTube and pick a video from the home page ONLY and play it, the audio will work just fine. But, if I select another video, there is no audio anymore. Additionally, going the home page and picking a video only works as soon as I open Chrome. So, if I picked that first home video on YT, then go to another site and back to YT, then no more audio. Facebook videos will sometimes play audio and sometimes not. Anothe

:)

Lindrenas, Jun 25, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound in Chrome Stops Working :p

cadaveca, Jun 25, 2021
  3. zaichi Win User
    no audio in google chrome

hi,

im new to this forum so sorry if i make any mistake.

my sound from google chrom just aint working. i have tried these steps

• resetting chrome
    • reinstalling chrome
    • reinstalling drivers
    • restarting my machine
    • checked if it was not muted
    • checked with a youtube video if the sound bar in the mixed moved it did
    • other sounds works fine like discord and edge etc etc etc

im now clue less what to do. asked some friends and they dont know either.

i got the lastest updates for my headset razer chroma kraker 7.1 and google chrome. windows is up2date.

kind regards

zaichi, Jun 25, 2021
  4. Sound in Chrome Stops Working

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

Sound in Chrome Stops Working

1. Sound in Chrome Stops Working - Similar Threads - Sound Chrome Stops

2. Sound stopped working,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound stopped working,: My headphones and sound stopped working, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/e20efbe1-a48c-49db-a56d-53e195aa89fb
  3. Sound stopped working,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound stopped working,: My headphones and sound stopped working, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/e20efbe1-a48c-49db-a56d-53e195aa89fb
  4. Sound stopped working,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound stopped working: Split from this thread. <edited by VM>I need your help, please. A few weeks ago my sound card stopped working after a Windows 10 update. In fact, we had a power outage while installing the update and the computer shut down. The update continued without a problem when I turned...
  6. sound stopped working!

sound stopped working!: Hello, The sound icon is start bar is showing a red "x" next to it. I could not turn the sound on from the settings. Troubleshooting did not help. I tried headphones and shutting own computer but did not work either. Please Help! Thanks, Nouf...
  7. Sound stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound stopped working.: I haven't changed anything to the inputs or whatever. The only change is that an 'asus sound' thing asked me if my speakers were in-line or something else. I just clicked ok and now my speaker sound is gone. it's connected through the little green plug in the back. My headset...
  8. Sound stopped working.

Sound stopped working.: Sound stopped working after most recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/2adeb478-0fe7-4d89-9be4-671eb8302913
  9. Scrolling stops working on Chrome

Scrolling stops working on Chrome: I've been having an issue on my Surface Book 2 where after a while in Chrome, 2 finger scrolling through the touchpad on a webpage just stops working and in order to get it to work again, I need to switch to another tab then back. I was wondering if anyone had any insights...
  10. Sound stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound stopped working: The sound stopped working on windows 10 pc. The volume settings are ok , it just mysteriously disappeared overnight. Can anyone please assist , Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/a30bb891-8c71-42d3-8a0f-daa29fea1a43