Windows 10: Sound in "communication" apps cuts off when pausing media playback with Bluetooth headphones

Discus and support Sound in "communication" apps cuts off when pausing media playback with Bluetooth headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I use my wireless Bluetooth headset I have to have some media playing: Youtube, Twitch, Spotify… anything, it even can be muted; or else I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KittenRaee, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Sound in "communication" apps cuts off when pausing media playback with Bluetooth headphones

Whenever I use my wireless Bluetooth headset I have to have some media playing: Youtube, Twitch, Spotify… anything, it even can be muted; or else I get no sounds in any of communication apps like Teams or Discord and whenever my Teams get a notification all sounds cut in favour of notification sound and stay silent for few seconds. It makes it extremely disruptive to attend meetings or do anything really when headset use is required.

:)

KittenRaee, Jun 19, 2021

2. Sound on bluetooth headphones cutting out

I'm using a set of Sony WH-CH700N headphones with a Dell Inspiron 15 7580 running music through iTunes. The sound keeps temporarily cutting out, flickering. Does anyone have a suggestion/fix?

I've tried resetting the headphones to factory settings and deleting + reinstalling Bluetooth drivers but neither has made a difference.

Thanks!

GlowstarsBlog, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Bluetooth headphones pair but built in speakers still make the sound.

Hi Braden,

Conflicts with the default device in the Playback settings is one of the possible reasons why you are having issues using your newly paired Bluetooth headphones. You will need to set your Bluetooth headphones as the default Playback device. To do this, kindly
    follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sound.
    • Select Sound from the list of results.
    • On the Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

Should you have further questions, feel free to reply on this thread.

Eric Ber, Jun 19, 2021
  4. caperjack Win User

Sound in "communication" apps cuts off when pausing media playback with Bluetooth headphones

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Sound in "communication" apps cuts off when pausing media playback with Bluetooth headphones

1. Sound in "communication" apps cuts off when pausing media playback with Bluetooth headphones - Similar Threads - Sound communication apps

2. Headphones keep disconnecting in playback and sound cuts off?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones keep disconnecting in playback and sound cuts off?: As the title says my sound keeps getting cut off and the problem shouldn't be the headphones themselves but rather an issue with the pc I believe. When the sound cuts off i'll have no sound for a few seconds to maybe 30+ seconds. I tried removing all other devices and only...
  3. Headphones keep disconnecting in playback and sound cuts off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones keep disconnecting in playback and sound cuts off?: As the title says my sound keeps getting cut off and the problem shouldn't be the headphones themselves but rather an issue with the pc I believe. When the sound cuts off i'll have no sound for a few seconds to maybe 30+ seconds. I tried removing all other devices and only...
  4. Headphones keep disconnecting in playback and sound cuts off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No sound after pausing playback.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound after pausing playback.: Hello,I have an HP Laptop running windows 10. It has the Realtek audio driver. Often when I pause playback, of either music, or video, when I resume playing there is no audio coming out of the speaker of the computer. If I restart my computer, it solves the problem....
  6. No sound after pausing playback.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound after pausing playback.: Hello,I have an HP Laptop running windows 10. It has the Realtek audio driver. Often when I pause playback, of either music, or video, when I resume playing there is no audio coming out of the speaker of the computer. If I restart my computer, it solves the problem....
  7. No sound after pausing playback.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Media playback pauses and plays rapidly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media playback pauses and plays rapidly: Hi, I'm using my HP Laptop 15-da0xxx and any time I use any kind of media playback, it rapidly begins pausing and unpausing, as if the space bar were being held down continuously. If I press the space bar or f10, it stops momentarily, only to begin again after a few...
  9. Sound on bluetooth headphones cutting out

Sound on bluetooth headphones cutting out: I'm using a set of Sony WH-CH700N headphones with a Dell Inspiron 15 7580 running music through iTunes. The sound keeps temporarily cutting out, flickering. Does anyone have a suggestion/fix? I've tried resetting the headphones to factory settings and deleting +...
  10. Windows 10 cuts off the sound device when there is no playback ATM

Windows 10 cuts off the sound device when there is no playback ATM: Hey, I've been having this issue for long time now but I didn't mention until now because that's not a big problem in my PC as my USB Sound card will open itself up when there is a sound to play back immediately. But in my notebook's internal sound device, it won't. Any fix...