Windows 10: Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

Discus and support Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FernandP. Marquand, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on it, but I´m not sure.then, if that is the problem, how can I change to the correct driver?

:)

FernandP. Marquand, Jan 14, 2022

2. Sound Not Working when connecting monitor via HDMI

I have my monitor connected with an HDMI cable. the Monitor has no speakers. I assume this is the problem.

Is there a way to direct the sound to the computer's internal speaker with the HDMI cable connecting the Monitor?

Original Title- Sound Not Working

Eric Fisher 68, Jan 14, 2022
  3. tsilva Win User
    No sound from TV with HDMI cable

Hello everyone,

I've built a desktop recently and everything is working properly until I connect it to my TV. Basically, I have no sound, even though the TV is properly detected by Windows. I have no problems whatsoever when my desktop is connected to my Lenovo high refresh monitor. So, below is how the volume shows up.

Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable [​IMG]

I've tried multiple things with no success:

• Updated my graphics drivers
    • Tried different HDMI ports (from motherboard and gpu)
    • Tried with HDMI cable from TV
    • Tried with HDMI that came with my monitor
    • Tried Windows troubleshooting
    • Tried updating Realtek drivers directly on Device Manager (Windows said I already had the latest drivers)

Below you have an image that the TV is correctly detected and selected:

On Device Manager everything looks okay:

When I tried to see/edit the TV's sound properties basically I have nothing to change, and it says: "that the device was removed" and "no audio device is installed":

On "speakers configuration" on the image below it says "Unknown", which is weird:

Windows troubleshooting fails with two errors: "Volume is too low" and "audio services are not responding"

I have no more ideas, so I appreciate all the help you can give me.

Thank you in advance

tsilva, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

No sound after upgrading to GTX 1060 (using HDMI cable/dual monitors)

Hello,

So yesterday I've bought a GTX 1060 6GB (MSI version) and replaced my old GT 730. So previously I used DVI and VGA for my monitors (as I didn't have a HDMI port on old GT 730). And now I'm using HDMI on one of my monitor and DVI on the other one.
    Right after upgrading to GTX 1060 I've understood that I have no sound on my SPEAKERS and so far nothing has helped. I'll post a list of the things I've already did (which is about 5 pages of Google search all over)
    • Tried plugging in only one monitor (the one with DVI) - still no sound.
    • Replaced my GPU into another slot on my motherboard - still no sound.
    • Uninstalled/Reinstalled/Deleted/Disabled/Removed drivers and devices from Device Manager - still no sound.
    • Have my Speakers as default on Sound options menu
    (the green bars are moving when I try to play something) - still no sound.
    • REINSTALLED WINDOWS and did everything above from the beginning - sitll no sound.
    • Enabled onboard sound card in BIOS - still no sound.
    • Updated all the drivers - still no sound.
    • Might have forgotten some other steps I did, but I've tried almost everything I could find on the Google search.

System summary:

Sound summary:

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

TheAndriusB, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

1. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable - Similar Threads - Sound monitor connected

2. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  3. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  4. No sound from TV with HDMI cable

No sound from TV with HDMI cable: Hello everyone, I've built a desktop recently and everything is working properly until I connect it to my TV. Basically, I have no sound, even though the TV is properly detected by Windows. I have no problems whatsoever when my desktop is connected to my Lenovo high refresh...
  5. No sound from HDMI connected monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound from HDMI connected monitor: The sound quit working on my HDMI connected monitor. It says headphone or speaker unplugged. I'm pretty sure some update caused it. I have a Dell Inspiron Desktop....
  6. connect ps3 by hdmi cable

connect ps3 by hdmi cable: how do I connect a ps3 using a regular hdmi cable to a Lenovo ideapad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-ps3-by-hdmi-cable/7d13e683-b73b-4803-a6d5-56caefb75553
  7. No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable

No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 laptop, I have a problem where my second display which is connected via HDMI is detected and seems to get a signal as it turns on but it doesn't display an image. My primary monitor uses the internal Intel gpu while my secondary is using the...
  8. sound with hdmi cable

sound with hdmi cable: I connected my computer with an hdmi cable to my tv and the display and sound worked fine. But every time that I wake my computer up after that I have no sound unless I disconnect and then reconnect the hdmi cable to the tv. How can this be resolved without having to...
  9. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound to tv through hdmi cable: I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced...
  10. No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable: I use my tv as a monitor for my computer and the sound has suddenly stopped working. The picture is fine but there's no sound, it says that the "Spatial sound" is off and doesn't give me an option to turn the sound on for anything but headphones. Nothing I've seen online...