Windows 10: Sound Init Fail- Steam Games

Discus and support Sound Init Fail- Steam Games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I find that it's impossible to play steam games that rely on files from directx 9.0 Is there away to get those files into directx 12.0, or a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BootiePup, Jan 14, 2019.

1. BootiePup Win User

Sound Init Fail- Steam Games

I find that it's impossible to play steam games that rely on files from directx 9.0

Is there away to get those files into directx 12.0, or a way to play my games?

My computer is using windows 10, store bought and came with the software. If you can help I would appreciate it, thank you!

:)

BootiePup, Jan 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Some steam games fail to launch on Windows 10

Hi Ponyatno,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the completer error message do you received?
    • What exactly happen you try to launch Dota 2 using steam account?
    For now let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this help in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to disable and enable the graphic driver.

If the issue still persist, I would recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the game and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select Control panel.

• Click on Program and features, locate for the game, right click on it and uninstall it.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Sound Init Fail- Steam Games

steam problem

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your steam game is not opening. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

If the issue persist, we highly recommend that you contact Steam support for additional troubleshooting steps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Sound Init Fail- Steam Games

1. Sound Init Fail- Steam Games - Similar Threads - Sound Init Fail

2. Steam Games Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steam Games Crashing: Hi! Can anyone help me? My steam games keep crashing mid game randomly. I only have steam, OBS streaming, and a browser open. Even when I have just steam and a browser open my the same problem occurs. I have a Nvidia RTX 4090, AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor, and 64GB of...
  3. Blocked Steam games?

Blocked Steam games?: After latest update, windows blocked my steam game for no reason? Why do you do that? and how can i disable that fucikng stupid and useless feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-steam-games/5c7d367f-06b4-44af-b0a1-860334c9d019
  4. Problem with a game on steam.

Problem with a game on steam.: I've been trying to play Hearts of Iron IV on steam recently and it's given me a "Steam runtime communication error." I've followed many steps given to me by Paradox Interactive support the company that owns HOI4 and our final "diagnostic" was making a new user profile on...
  5. A steam game issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A steam game issue: Hello dear commnuity hub. My game, ''left 4 dead 2'' is crashing in mid game or starting loading screen or somewhere when in the game. Probably due of lots of addons and i did these steps for solving my problem: 1. I did reset to ''download cache'' in my settings tab. 2....
  6. Fail To Init Plugins

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fail To Init Plugins: Been getting a strange error message on boot up recently - see attached image. You'd think it was connected to the calculator app but no, or at least I don't think so. I have uninstalled calculator and the message still pops up on boot up. Any suggestions please?...
  7. Winlogon Init

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Winlogon Init: Hi, My PC is under Windows 10 2004 and my boot takes too much time. It's like that since more than a year and I can't recon when it happened and what installation or else could be linked to this change. I did a BT and to me it seems the issue comes from the "Winlogon Init"...
  8. Unable to play Steam Games... Sound Init Fail error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to play Steam Games... Sound Init Fail error: I cannot play games on my computer that rely on files from directx 9.0. The error Sound Init Fail appears. I use laptop running Windows 10 legally purchased in the Windows Store. Can I get those files into directx 12.0?...
  9. No Sound On Inital View Of Online Videos

in Browsers and Email
    No Sound On Inital View Of Online Videos: Alright, I'm not sure if this is a Firefox or a Windows issue, but when I attempt to watch online videos, whether it be Facebook, YouTube or Twitter, the video plays but there's no sound. I have to restart the video in order to hear the sound. It hasn't always been that way...
  10. Steam games not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games not launching: I decided to come back to civ 5, and when I press play, all that happens is a small box saying "checking for updates" comes up for a brief moment, followed by another box saying "Searching for steam game updates" again for a brief moment. Nothing happens after. This also...