Windows 10: Sound input no longer working after Windows updates

Discus and support Sound input no longer working after Windows updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It seems after a few windows updates my Stereo Mix Realtek High Definition sound input is no longer working. WHen I go to settings in Windows 10 it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alan93, Jan 24, 2021.

1. alan93 Win User

Sound input no longer working after Windows updates

It seems after a few windows updates my Stereo Mix Realtek High Definition sound input is no longer working.

WHen I go to settings in Windows 10 it shows "Test your microphone" but I'm not using a microphone I'm using the onboard realtek sound device.

If I click "Trouble shoot" it recommends a fix and restart but I have done that several times and it doesn't fix it.

What happened to this and how can I fix it?

:)

alan93, Jan 24, 2021
  2. erocker Win User

Windows 98 and ME no longer updatable...

Quite right, XP is still listed in technet. Win 98 unfortunately isn't. Windows 3.1 and 3.2 are listed though.

erocker, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Sound input no longer working after Windows updates

Sound is not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

For now, let’s try simple methods and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below method.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on
      Next
      button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall the sound driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Audio input and outputs to expand, right click on the device and click on
      uninstall.
    • Once you are done uninstalling the restart the computer. If should automatically installed the driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and outputs and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    And also visit the below link for No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Sound input no longer working after Windows updates

1. Sound input no longer working after Windows updates - Similar Threads - Sound input longer

2. My Japanese input no longer works for Romaji input.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Japanese input no longer works for Romaji input.: When I convert the language to Japanese and start typing, it no longer recognize the Roman input = alphabets. This used to automatically generate Japanese characters suggestions which I could choose. Eg. Until December, 2022, if I type Konnichiwa Hello in Eng -> it would...
  3. After updating to windows 11 my sound no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating to windows 11 my sound no longer works: I tried everything from updating drivers to trying to fiddle around with audio files and settings but nothing worked please help me i dont know if this is of use but my computer is a lenovo yoga 7...
  4. After updating to windows 11 my sound no longer works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After updating to windows 11 my sound no longer works: I tried everything from updating drivers to trying to fiddle around with audio files and settings but nothing worked please help me i dont know if this is of use but my computer is a lenovo yoga 7...
  5. Sound Card is no longer working after a major Windows Feature Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Card is no longer working after a major Windows Feature Update: A customer claims their Sound Card is no longer working after a major Windows Feature Update from 1803 to 1809, what can you do to get their sound working again?*Original title: Max...
  6. sound no longer working

sound no longer working: sound on my computer no longer working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-no-longer-working/3e658450-b4fb-4c9c-9887-a37e2dfcaa4a
  7. Sound is no longer working

Sound is no longer working: When I got onto my PC today my sound was no longer working through my Sound Blaster.[ATTACH] That is what I see when I launch the Sound Blaster Z-Series Control Panel. I can still get sound if I plug my headset in or if I move the audio jack from the Sound Blaster hardware...
  8. 7.1 Sound no longer working after Windows 10 update.

7.1 Sound no longer working after Windows 10 update.: My HTPC used to function perfectly until a Windows 10 update/version changed that. Each time a new version comes out I do a fresh install, so I can get WMC working again. I am now at version 20H2. When I do a fresh install, Windows installs 2 choices for audio 1 is Samsung...
  9. Sound inputs not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound inputs not working.: This is a long one... So the other day I picked up a pair of edifice 980t music speakers. I tested the speakers with my stereo system and they sounded fantastic. I plugged them into my pc, they didn’t work. I tried every speaker port on my pc, still didn’t work. I used an...
  10. sound no longer working

sound no longer working: I have no sound after update running the sound check I am told no devises are installed??- 2 days ago it all worked perfectly and now no driver etc. can be found? windows encountered a problem installing driver for the devise??? help please......