Windows 10: Sound Input won't save settings

Discus and support Sound Input won't save settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello there! I was trying to change my advanced sound-input settings from 1channel 16bit to 2 channel 16bit but it will not save the changes . When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MioMaze, Feb 27, 2019.

1. MioMaze Win User

Sound Input won't save settings

Hello there!

I was trying to change my advanced sound-input settings from 1channel 16bit to 2 channel 16bit but it will not save the changes . When I click ''Apply'' it tells me that some service is using the device and that it might stop working if I apply these changes. When I click ''Ok'' it closes my settings menu without actually applying the new setting. I tried changing settings in safemode but it still didn't work.

My Input device is a Mixer connected via USB which should be able to output stereo.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

:)

MioMaze, Feb 27, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound Input won't save settings :p

cadaveca, Feb 27, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Sound Input won't save settings

Cannot see all Advanced Sound Settings - Windows 10

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to suggest you to follow the steps below to add sound schemes to the list:

• Open Advanced Sound Settings.
    • Select any event option under “Program Events” and click on “Browse”.
    • Select the sound scheme from the saved path and click on “Open”.
    • Click on “Save As” and provide a name for the scheme and click on “OK”.
    • Click on “Apply” and then “OK” to save the changes.
    After adding the sound schemes to the list, select the required sound scheme and click on “OK”.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Sound Input won't save settings

1. Sound Input won't save settings - Similar Threads - Sound Input won't

2. Windows Spotlight setting won't save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight setting won't save: I've just updated to Windows 11 and now Windows Spotlight doesn't work. In Settings > Personalisation > Lock screen > Personalise your lock screen, I select Windows Spotlight, but the minute I leave the page it resets to 'Picture'. If I choose a different picture, that will...
  3. Windows Spotlight setting won't save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight setting won't save: I've just updated to Windows 11 and now Windows Spotlight doesn't work. In Settings > Personalisation > Lock screen > Personalise your lock screen, I select Windows Spotlight, but the minute I leave the page it resets to 'Picture'. If I choose a different picture, that will...
  4. Windows not saving sound settings. Static sound forms.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not saving sound settings. Static sound forms.: Hello,I got the quite common issue that my integrated Realtek Audiocard at randomly starts creating a very loud static noise. I usually use the SPDIF out for the device. I never have the issue if I use the same audio device via USB, however, The sound quality via USB is...
  5. Mic settings won't save

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic settings won't save: My microphone is too loud. I've got a headset and I play video games where I need to use my mic. The problem is, it's always so loud. I've tried Settings > Sound > Input > Device Properties > Additional Device Properties. Then I changed it to 60% instead of 100%. It worked...
  6. Time settings won't save.

Time settings won't save.: I noticed that my time didn't change when daylight savings time occurred, so I went to settings to fix the issue, but when I went to go change it the settings wouldn't save. Every time I hit the sync button, or left and came back, it would turn back off. Eventually, I got fed...
  7. Power and sleep setting won't save.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and sleep setting won't save.: My power and sleep settings won't stay how I set them. Every time I reboot, they go back to a default of turning off the display after 1 hour and sleeping the PC at 2 hours. I don't need to save battery power on this desktop PC and I want it to stay on....
  8. sound settings not saving

sound settings not saving: it started like a 2 weeks ago its not saving my sound settings im turning on bass boost and loudness equalization and after reboot its not saving https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-settings-not-saving/14fd3688-7848-42f1-98f6-11b02c83b6d6
  9. Sound input

Sound input: after recent windows 10 update, windows mixer input option seems unaccessible , unable to prepare buffers error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/sound-input/24c10886-d78e-498b-abfd-940365476925
  10. Settings won't save

Settings won't save: My pc settings won't save for example it ask me everytime i open opera whether i want to make it my default browser, I tick off option to connect to one of my wi-fis but it won't go through i have to tick it off every time i check wi-fis list, I even deleted it from my...