Windows 10: Sound input

Discus and support Sound input in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; after recent windows 10 update, windows mixer input option seems unaccessible , unable to prepare buffers error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MikePearson2, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Sound input

after recent windows 10 update, windows mixer input option seems unaccessible , unable to prepare buffers error

:)

MikePearson2, Oct 4, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound input :p

cadaveca, Oct 4, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Julsie Win User

Sound input

Recording Inputs

Thank you,

I appreciate the response, but it does not help me.

I need to be able to "disable" quite a few recording inputs from my list of recording inputs. The process you described has not been of any benefit to me because it is not really what I need. However, I really appreciate the response, but it has nothing to
    do with my drivers. I can disable all the necessary inputs quite easily, but they are all enabled when I reboot!

Regards,

Jules

Julsie, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Sound input

1. Sound input - Similar Threads - Sound input

2. Audio Driver installed but no sound output/input - No audio device found - Lenovo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Driver installed but no sound output/input - No audio device found - Lenovo: My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen using Window 10. The original audio driver is IntelR Display Audio with device status: "This device is working properly" in properties. However, there is "no output/input device found" in the sound settings and the headphone jack...
  3. Audio Driver installed but no sound output/input - No audio device found - Lenovo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Driver installed but no sound output/input - No audio device found - Lenovo: My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen using Window 10. The original audio driver is IntelR Display Audio with device status: "This device is working properly" in properties. However, there is "no output/input device found" in the sound settings and the headphone jack...
  4. Audio Driver installed but no sound output/input - No audio device found - Lenovo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Weird sound problem where the sound plays but "no input device available" with bluetooth...

Weird sound problem where the sound plays but "no input device available" with bluetooth...: I have paired my ipad to my windows 11 computer and the sound from the ipad plays just fine on my computer speakers.But the sound mixer says that no input device found, despite it clearly working.How could I get the thing visible as input source too?...
  6. Weird sound problem where the sound plays but "no input device available" with bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird sound problem where the sound plays but "no input device available" with bluetooth...: I have paired my ipad to my windows 11 computer and the sound from the ipad plays just fine on my computer speakers.But the sound mixer says that no input device found, despite it clearly working.How could I get the thing visible as input source too?...
  7. why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone

why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone: Hello, when i try and use my headphone's microphone on a video game or discord i havent had a need to use it elsewhere, the sound quality becomes terrible. It's only when i try and use the built in microphone to the laptop that the sound quality isnt awful, however, the mic...
  8. why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone: Hello, when i try and use my headphone's microphone on a video game or discord i havent had a need to use it elsewhere, the sound quality becomes terrible. It's only when i try and use the built in microphone to the laptop that the sound quality isnt awful, however, the mic...
  9. Laptop Not Detecting Sound Input or Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Not Detecting Sound Input or Output: I was attempting to watch a lecture video this morning and sound would not come out of my laptop's internal speakers. When I checked sound settings it said it found no audio devices. I ignored it and moved on because I could juts connect my bluetooth headphones and it worked....
  10. Laptop Not Detecting Sound Input or Output

Laptop Not Detecting Sound Input or Output: I was attempting to watch a lecture video this morning and sound would not come out of my laptop's internal speakers. When I checked sound settings it said it found no audio devices. I ignored it and moved on because I could juts connect my bluetooth headphones and it worked....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. input sounds

2. windows input mixer

3. sound input

4. Windows 10 mixer input option unable to prepare buffers