Windows 10: Sound/internal speakers suddenly not working

Discus and support Sound/internal speakers suddenly not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sound will not work. Windows 10, have performed sound system scan for repair and reboot as instructed. Nothing. Looking under 'manage sound devices'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by D_A_DAVIS, Jan 30, 2020.

1. D_A_DAVIS Win User

Sound/internal speakers suddenly not working

Sound will not work. Windows 10, have performed sound system scan for repair and reboot as instructed. Nothing. Looking under 'manage sound devices' no device listed - so I can't "enable". Sound has worked before. How do I get the system to recognize the built in speakers on my laptop?

:)

D_A_DAVIS, Jan 30, 2020
  2. StevePYYZ Win User

no sound plays through internal speakers

I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists
    its location at HDMI port. Suggestions?

StevePYYZ, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Internal Speakers not working suddenly

I installed Windows 10 weeks ago, and everything was running fine, but last week the sound suddenly stopped coming out of the internal speakers. It worked fine through the headphones, but it was
    just the internal speakers that weren't working. I sent it in for repairs since I had my laptop was on warranty, and a they had to do a complete reset on my laptop in order to fix it.

My question is, was windows 10 what caused it? I'm doubtful that it was, since my speakers were absolutely fine for weeks and weeks, but since they work after a wipe it seems possible that windows 10 caused it. Any thoughts?

StephanieR8, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Sound/internal speakers suddenly not working

Switching off internal computer speakers

This is a subject that has been raised before but Microsoft seems to refuse to answer. As a result of a previous update to Windows 10, the internal computer speakers work as well as the external sound system. There is no apparent way to switch off the
    internal speakers and just have the external sound system working. A previous contributor suggested that Microsoft had a solution to this bug but wouldn't elaborate. This seemed very childish.

I ask the question again: Could someone give a step by step process for switching off internal computer speakers AND leaving the external speakers working. I have tried every setting but nothing fixes the problem. Surely this isn't rocket science and
    it would be easy for Microsoft to write a bug fix???

Lack of action just infuriates users unnecessarily.

JohnTrevorXX, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Sound/internal speakers suddenly not working

1. Sound/internal speakers suddenly not working - Similar Threads - Sound internal speakers

2. Internal speakers not recognised and sound not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal speakers not recognised and sound not working.: Hey!I have had my HP Z book for a while now and my audio has stopped working for over 3/4th year now. I know, i should have let it fixed in the warranty but oh well... anyway. After 3/4th year im done with always having to use bluetooth headphones and never being able to use...
  3. Internal speakers not recognised and sound not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal speakers not recognised and sound not working.: Hey!I have had my HP Z book for a while now and my audio has stopped working for over 3/4th year now. I know, i should have let it fixed in the warranty but oh well... anyway. After 3/4th year im done with always having to use bluetooth headphones and never being able to use...
  4. Internal speakers not recognised and sound not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers

Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers: Use Windows 10 PC (Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041) and a pair of HC Gamerlife Headphones (ASIN: B07BHYZFLF). They have been working fine, but recently (within the last day or so) any audio I play on the computer comes out through both the headphones and the computer's...
  6. no sound plays through internal speakers

no sound plays through internal speakers: I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists its location at HDMI...
  7. internal speaker/sound system

internal speaker/sound system: my realtek sound is grey out and I can not use the system speaker, only an attached device, how can I make the internal sound/speaker operational again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakersound-system/7098f10f-1d68-4301-900a-e3da88fb88b7
  8. Internal Speakers not working

Internal Speakers not working: For awhile now whenever I'd join a discord, the group voice chat application, my audio wouldn't pick up until I messed with the settings a thousand times. To try to solve this, I plugged in a headset. For some reason that seemed to wipe out my internal speakers all together....
  9. Internal Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internal Speakers not working: For awhile now whenever I'd join a discord, the group voice chat application, my audio wouldn't pick up until I messed with the settings a thousand times. To try to solve this, I plugged in a headset. For some reason that seemed to wipe out my internal speakers all together....
  10. internal speakers and headphones not working

internal speakers and headphones not working: Hello everyone I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday, and since i did my internal speakers and my headphones are not working anymore. I have a microphone called blue yeti wich can be used as an output. It's the only output that works for me. If i go to the audio output...