Windows 10: Sound, Internet and USB ports randomly stops working (I tried every solution I found)

Discus and support Sound, Internet and USB ports randomly stops working (I tried every solution I found) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ***moved on english forum*** Hello, I post my question here after 2 months of research and attempts to fix the issue. Let me first explain in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Picorims, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Picorims Win User

Sound, Internet and USB ports randomly stops working (I tried every solution I found)

***moved on english forum***

Hello,

I post my question here after 2 months of research and attempts to fix the issue.

Let me first explain in details the problem I'm facing :
    I have got the computer on which I'm facing the issue recently, at the end of August. Very quickly, I've noticed that some parts of the computer would disable randomly. This happens more frequently when Windows and the computer has to manage more tasks (such as when playing a game) but still happens in any case of use.

By first, sometimes the sound will turn off (this only happens when playing a game. If I close it, it comes back on after playing with the sound cursor.).

Then, suddenly, all USB ports except 2 (On which I put the keyboard and the mouse) and the Ethernet cable won't be recognized by Windows, and so the connection is cut off, and all plugged devices will be ejected. All USB ports are USB 3.0 or 3.1.

The only way to fix the issue temporarily is to restart the computer. Sometimes, on the login background, Windows will stop responding for a couple of seconds.

At some points it always happen, from boot to 2-3 hours later.

It's important to note that although Windows stops recognizing them, on the back of the PC, the motherboard still indicates that internet is enabled by the cable. The keyboard, which has LEDs, and when plugged to a malfunctioning USB port, continue to be powered, but doesn't perform any action on Windows.

I didn't found anything in Windows Event indicating an error dated to when it happens.

When the error has happened, I get the following in the drivers menu :

Sound, Internet and USB ports randomly stops working (I tried every solution I found) 67186adc-03ef-4485-9605-06856dd4bd00?upload=true.png

The 2 errors to the left used to happen but now do not anymore. The persistent one is the driver to the very right. It's version is 10.0.18362.207 from June (19) 2019.

If I am here, it's because I have tried several fixes without success :
    - All solutions given on the Network issues page of Windows Support

- Uninstalling, reinstalling, updating drivers by different ways (manually, check for changes, restart)

- Using the different troubleshooting tools of Windows

- Powering off the PC completely, waiting and restarting (unplugged completely, including all devices even for an entire night)

- Doing a WLAN report (which didn't give much info at all).

- Turning off quick start in the BIOS

- Disabling USB being turned off in case of lack of energy in power settings (before that, even keyboard and mouse stopped working)

- Checking for not well plugged components or cables inside the case.

And I probably forgot a few. I do not have restore points until I am missing something.
    - Doing Windows Updates

- Checking for BIOS updates.

- Checking that the PC receive enough power.

I am just out of ideas, I tried everything from websites to forums to videos. Anybody willing to help would be warmly welcome. Thanks for any help

- Picorims

System specifications :

- Windows 10 64-bit Pro

- Motherboard: Asus Tuf B450 Plus Gaming

- power: 450W

- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G

- Graphic Card : NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 XC

- 2To of hard drive and 256Go of SSD.

- 16Go of RAM

PS : If I can provide any additional info that could be useful, please ask them.

:)

Picorims, Oct 20, 2019

2. USB ports randomly stops working - windows 10.

When playing games the usb ports randomly stops working. I have mouse and keyboard connected to my laptop. They will both not work until I restart the computer, and the last key i pushed until it happened will be as if i was holding it down. The keyboard
    on the laptop will still work.

I have tried:

- Putting USB on suspended in power settings.

- Checked if there is problems with the USB ports and drivers in device settings.

- Have set "Allow the computer to shut down this unit to save power"to off.

Since I don't have a battery in the laptop at the moment, and it only runs on electric I don't think it can be a power problem.

When in game I can randomly hear the USB unplug sound. Sometimes it will be off for a second and still work. Other times it will stop work, until you restart computer.

forest_966, Oct 20, 2019
  3. smounce Win User
    USB 2.0 Ports Stopped working

Hello,

I recently noticed my USB 2.0 ports have stopped working, but my USB 3.0 port is functioning perfectly.

Steps i have tried:

- Restarting

- Searching for device changes in Device manager

- running troubleshooter

all these suggested fixes didn't remedy the issue, its a bit of an inconvenience that i only have one functioning USB port

Thanks

smounce, Oct 20, 2019
  4. gastaunda Win User

Sound, Internet and USB ports randomly stops working (I tried every solution I found)

USB ports randomly stop working

I use my laptop, and randomly, all my USB ports just stop working. I end up having to restart my computer to fix the problem, but after that, it is only a little bit before the USB ports stop functioning.

Also when I go into device manager and try to disable/enable any devices, it freezes.

Also when I restart, my computer gets stuck on the post log out restart screen (I know it is post logout because my custom cursor reverts to the default).

I am not using an Insider patch. This is a release patch.

gastaunda, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Sound, Internet and USB ports randomly stops working (I tried every solution I found) - Similar Threads - Sound Internet USB

2. Usb port randomly stops working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb port randomly stops working on Windows 10: Hi!I'm having a problem with the usb ports of my windows 10 pc. Basically we have a Biochemistry analyzer which is connected via serial port to the pc. The results data are beeing tranfered via the pc through a prolific usb to serial cable to our Laboratory information...
  3. Usb port randomly stops working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb port randomly stops working on Windows 10: Hi!I'm having a problem with the usb ports of my windows 10 pc. Basically we have a Biochemistry analyzer which is connected via serial port to the pc. The results data are beeing tranfered via the pc through a prolific usb to serial cable to our Laboratory information...
  4. USB Ports Stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports Stops working randomly: Hi,My Laptop USB ports suddenly stopped working. I tried to restart the laptop to fix that, doesn't help. So I tried to uninstall all the USB drivers in Device Manager, after restarting USB port is working fine for a few minutes. After sometime, it stops working. Is this a...
  5. USB Ports Stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Ports Stops working randomly: Hi,My Laptop USB ports suddenly stopped working. I tried to restart the laptop to fix that, doesn't help. So I tried to uninstall all the USB drivers in Device Manager, after restarting USB port is working fine for a few minutes. After sometime, it stops working. Is this a...
  6. USB Ports Stops working randomly

7. My usb headphones randomly stopped working but i cant find a solution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My usb headphones randomly stopped working but i cant find a solution: Sometimes my usb headphones (JBL Quantum 400 ) and sometimes it can stop videos from working on YouTube or Netflix and sometimes i have to restart my pc to get it back to normal and it can also make my game lag as well and i cant find a fix and its very frustrating submitted...
  8. USB ports randomly stop working

USB ports randomly stop working: I use my laptop, and randomly, all my USB ports just stop working. I end up having to restart my computer to fix the problem, but after that, it is only a little bit before the USB ports stop functioning. Also when I go into device manager and try to disable/enable any...
  9. USB ports randomly stop working until I restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB ports randomly stop working until I restart: Hello, I don’t know if this is the right place to get this kind of help, but I didn't see any rules opposing it so figured I'd give it a shot. So, my USB ports all stop working at a random rate, forcing me to restart my laptop. I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware thing...
  10. black screen with cursor (i tried every solution on internet but no one worked)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen with cursor (i tried every solution on internet but no one worked): i had a black screen with cursor since yesterday i have tried every single tip on Microsoft support and internet but it still black "alt ctrl del" does nothing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unplug sound internet stops working