Windows 10: Sound is crackling or background distortion problem after installing Windows 10 October 2020

Discus and support Sound is crackling or background distortion problem after installing Windows 10 October 2020 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have HP ENVY 15-k203TX Notebook PC and it is running "Windows 10 October 2020 Update". I need drivers for Realtek High-Definition HD Audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Siva2007, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Siva2007 Win User

Sound is crackling or background distortion problem after installing Windows 10 October 2020

Hi,

I have HP ENVY 15-k203TX Notebook PC and it is running "Windows 10 October 2020 Update".

I need drivers for Realtek High-Definition HD Audio Driver and beatsaudio which supports windows 10 64version

Their will be some drivers which will be compatibility with "Windows 10 October 2020 Update". At present i needed sound/audio drivers for Realtek and Beatsaudio because the sound is crackling or background distortion.

Older version of windows 10 1809 were sound was working perfect but after clean installation of Windows 10 October 2020 i am facing sound issues.

:)

Siva2007, Jan 15, 2021
  2. LITEchazr Win User

Video distortion, sound crackling

Hi all !

Finally built my dream PC. Overall the experience has been bittersweet, as youtube videos are very distorted when I use google chrome (but works fine on edge), sometimes a white line would appear in a window then disappear, and sound is sometimes crackling horribly (but goes away when I restart the application).

Here is my build
    System Builder

Would anyone know where those issues are coming from ?
    Thanks in advance !

LITEchazr, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Cheekykid Win User

Sound is crackling or background distortion problem after installing Windows 10 October 2020

Crackling sounds driving me crazy!!!

Hello all,,

First post in this vibrant community!

I have windows 10, 2nd gen i7, 16ram, ati passive gpu and a recently bought soundblaster zx. Whenever I start up my favorite "playchess" program and play for a while(it has basic sounds like whenever you move a piece etc.) I end up with crackling sounds, windows wide. From then on whether i play an mp3, youtube etc. anything that has audio sounds with crackling distortions. Everything that produce a sound is distorted unless I restart.

I used to have the same problem before due to flash which would get resolved after restarting flash manually/shutting down the browser but this seems to be a different problem as its not flash/browser related.

I have used LatencyMon but it indicates no problems. I really don't know what to try. I've googled for a bit
    but I haven't managed to get to the bottom of this. I've tried some solutions suggested that had to do with power options but to no avail.

Anyone has a clue?

Cheekykid, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Sound is crackling or background distortion problem after installing Windows 10 October 2020 - Similar Threads - Sound crackling background

2. Problem with crackling sound after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with crackling sound after windows 11 update: Hello guys,I have an XPS 13 9305. It was eligible for the windows 11 update. Shortly after I updated, I started having issues with crackling sound from the laptop speakers. This problem does not occur on any external speakers, wired headphones nor Bluetooth headphones. It...
  3. Problem with crackling sound after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with crackling sound after windows 11 update: Hello guys,I have an XPS 13 9305. It was eligible for the windows 11 update. Shortly after I updated, I started having issues with crackling sound from the laptop speakers. This problem does not occur on any external speakers, wired headphones nor Bluetooth headphones. It...
  4. Distortion in sound since installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distortion in sound since installing Windows 10: I have distortion in the computer's speakers and headphones since installing Windows 10. It is worst when the sound is loud. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distortion-in-sound-since-installing-windows-10/aa390ab8-003f-43c2-85a3-ac90899f0a39
  5. Sound Distortion after update on Windows 10

Sound Distortion after update on Windows 10: Each time my computer updates the sound on Skype gets distorted on my end and the people on other side can't hear me. So every time I have to go to DTS Audio Control and change the sound to 16 bit, 44100Hz CDQuality. Could the updates be done without affecting this issue....
  6. Problem with windows 10 October 2020 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with windows 10 October 2020 update.: Hello. I've noticed that recent changes in windows update have caused background blur error in start menu . Here's the video : https://1drv.ms/u/s!At7YZW_BldY6lmQ_eq1SiNKVg60j?e=Q5nj71 You can notice that video in the background appears for a second and then blurs....
  7. October 2020 Windows 10 update problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    October 2020 Windows 10 update problems: Hello all, After the Windows 10 update in early October 2020, I've experienced a couple of problems with my Lenovo laptop. Firstly, I inserted a CD into my laptop, expecting it to autoplay on VLC media player as it normally would, but no luck. I went to the Windows CD...
  8. Problem with sound crackling

Problem with sound crackling: Hi, I connected a new monitor to my PC and sound starts crackling. I've tried updating my sound driver. I also tried to use high definition audio device in stand ofRealtek high definition audio. Nothing helped. My system: Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i5 - 7400 CPU @ 3.000GHz,...
  9. Problems with Realtek sound distortion after Windows 10 update

Problems with Realtek sound distortion after Windows 10 update: I got a major Windows 10 update last week and started noticing garbled sound distortions on my audio. I searched the web and found other with this problem and followed advice for going back to Dell Support, uninstalling the Realtek Driver and reinstalling it. I have now...
  10. Video Audio No SOund or Badly Distorted after Windows October Update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Video Audio No SOund or Badly Distorted after Windows October Update 1809: A LOT... A Mean a lot of folks are complaining about the same problem with audio yet Microsoft is not doing anything to resolve the issue. The Oct 2018 update is full of bugs and the rollback or restore does not work. All of the suggestions from Microsoft support are the...