Windows 10: Sound is crackly during high pitched audio and sounds muffled after computer reset

Discus and support Sound is crackly during high pitched audio and sounds muffled after computer reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I reset my computer today, getting rid of my settings and apps but keeping all my files. The sound is fine at first but whenever I pause for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ta6795la, May 23, 2020.

1. Sound is crackly during high pitched audio and sounds muffled after computer reset

I reset my computer today, getting rid of my settings and apps but keeping all my files. The sound is fine at first but whenever I pause for a few seconds and play a video again (on all video players) it'll crackle and sound muffled. I've tried updating my audio drivers but they're apparently updated. What should I do?

submitted by /u/ta6795la
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ta6795la, May 23, 2020
  2. Sandra#77 Win User

High pitched chirp sound on videos

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and have 2 issues now:

1- At the beginning of videos on my PC and online, there is a loud, very high-pitched chirp sound. Last time I fixed this, it was a setting in RealTek.

2- RealTek audio driver is installed, but it does not show up in the list of drivers. I do a system check for updates or to see if it is working properly.

I am worried about uninstalling RealTek completely, because I read other users did that and now they do not have any sound. Please help!

I have a HP Notebook 64 bit

Sandra#77, May 23, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, May 23, 2020
  4. toscanini Win User

Sound is crackly during high pitched audio and sounds muffled after computer reset

Sound is muffled, is there a fix?

Same issue (muffled sounds, especially voice) after upgrade to Windows 10. Using Realtek High Definition Audio. Worked fine in Win 8.1 previously.

I got things working again by adjusting the Surround Sound / Stereo settings. For more detail, this is how I got it back to work with no new drivers.

1. Search for Sound (should be under settings)

2. Click Configure while selecting the Realtek Speakers

3. Click on Stereo and then Next through to the end.

4. Test the sound

If it's not working, there might be another option, suggested by other users on this forum:

1. In the Sound settings, click on Properties while selecting your Speakers

2. In the Enhancements tab, click Disable all sound effects

3. In the Advanced tab, unclick "Allow applications to take exclusive control..."

4. Apply the settings and test the sound.

A third option, suggested by other users, is to roll back to drivers for Windows Vista (see above):

They said: Realtek 10/1/2013, 6.0.1.7054 sound great on Windows 10.

toscanini, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Sound is crackly during high pitched audio and sounds muffled after computer reset

1. Sound is crackly during high pitched audio and sounds muffled after computer reset - Similar Threads - Sound crackly during

2. Microphone not picking up high pitched sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not picking up high pitched sounds: Hi guysI recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 11. My fiance is a streamer and we use this for operating our streaming software OBS Studio. For the most part the sound has worked fine both with the external microphone we typically use as well as the laptop microphone...
  3. Microphone not picking up high pitched sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not picking up high pitched sounds: Hi guysI recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 11. My fiance is a streamer and we use this for operating our streaming software OBS Studio. For the most part the sound has worked fine both with the external microphone we typically use as well as the laptop microphone...
  4. 3.5mm audio sounds muffled but usb audio sounds fine?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3.5mm audio sounds muffled but usb audio sounds fine?: I recently bought a Astro A40 TR headset 3.5mm Audio Jack to replace my HyperX Cloud II USB Audio headset. When I plug the 3.5mm jack in to any jack on my pc, be it my motherboard or my actual case it sounds muffled and muddy like it has too much bass. When I plug my USB...
  5. Sound muffled after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound muffled after update: I recently updated my laptop. After that, every time I use my headphones the sound is muffled and is not the same as before the update. Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-muffled-after-update/be6f3cb3-b03d-40f9-9b9f-cb8294ccc2d4
  6. Sound muffled after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound muffled after update: I recently updated my laptop. After that, every time I use my headphones the sound is muffled and is not the same as before the update. Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-muffled-after-update/be6f3cb3-b03d-40f9-9b9f-cb8294ccc2d4
  7. Headset Audio Sound like a Radio+High Pitch or a Surround System with High pitch and a bit...

Headset Audio Sound like a Radio+High Pitch or a Surround System with High pitch and a bit...: So, Today I plug in my Headsets like what I did every day for a year and today is where things starting to get weird, the audio was Radio high pitchI'm not sure if that's the correct way to explain my problemand I've tried to plug it in/out several times now and it's still...
  8. System sounds randomly high pitched

System sounds randomly high pitched: Today when i turned on my pc, i noticed that all of the sounds were randomly high pitched, i tried troubleshooting and even wiping my hard drives clean but it still dosent go back to normalMy specs are:RYZEN 5 3600KNVIDIA 1660 SUPERASUS TUF GAMING B450 PLUS II16 GB RAM2...
  9. Muffled Sound

Muffled Sound: Hello, When I open more than one app the sound becomes muffled; for example, I'm listening to music and it sounds normal, but if I open a videogame the sound becomes muffled. The audio driver is Conexant SmartAudioHD Also, my headphones don't appear in the sound devices....
  10. My Computer Made High Pitched Screaching Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer Made High Pitched Screaching Sound: Hi, so I've had this computer, an ASUS Notebook, for a couple years, and it's worked fine. I turned my computer on this morning and the sound was off, which I assume was my roommate, when I turned it on it started making a high pitched screaming sound. I shut down Spotify...