Windows 10: Sound is missing on laptop after changing the driver

Discus and support Sound is missing on laptop after changing the driver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have purchased laptop HP Pavillion with windows 10 recently and i realized something is wrong with the sound, there is absolutely no bass... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kye1997, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Kye1997 Win User

Sound is missing on laptop after changing the driver

Hello,

I have purchased laptop HP Pavillion with windows 10 recently and i realized something is wrong with the sound, there is absolutely no bass (with and without using headphones).

I went to Device manager > Sound and video game controllers and found my Realtek(R) Audio right clicked on Update Drivers > Browse my computer > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from list of available drivers on my computer and changed it from Realtek(R) High Definition Audio to High Definition Audio Device.

I restarted my laptop, there it goes - with headphones there is bass, sound is perfect now but it's only working with headphones, laptop speakers aren't working. I changed everything back now it works both speakers and headphones but absolutely no bass again. What should i do?

:)

Kye1997, Dec 15, 2019

2. Audio,Sound and Microphone Driver Missing of win.10

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in sound settings or sound driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "desktop pc audio driver missing", from where exactly have you checked for missing driver? Is it through Device Manager?
    • Are you getting any error message when you any mp3 or mp4 files on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and also try to run sound troubleshooter which is provided in the link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...eac-4566-867a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems

Please get back to us with an update on issue due to missing sound driver on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 15, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound is missing on laptop after changing the driver :p

cadaveca, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Sound is missing on laptop after changing the driver

Sound missing after update installation

Hello Dinesh,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
    remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Sound is missing on laptop after changing the driver

1. Sound is missing on laptop after changing the driver - Similar Threads - Sound missing laptop

2. Missing Realtek Drivers- no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Realtek Drivers- no sound: Hello2 days ago my sound works perfectly. Yesterday i launched my computer as usual but my sound in headphones not work. I opened Device Menager to try update Drivers but i don't see Realtek drivers. I also tried to download and install it manually from thier site but when i...
  3. Missing Realtek Drivers- no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Realtek Drivers- no sound: Hello2 days ago my sound works perfectly. Yesterday i launched my computer as usual but my sound in headphones not work. I opened Device Menager to try update Drivers but i don't see Realtek drivers. I also tried to download and install it manually from thier site but when i...
  4. Missing Realtek Drivers- no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers: My speakers/sound stopped working after a large Windows download recently. I have an HP Pavilion Elite Model HPC 410t which HP says is retired. There are no drivers on the HP support site . The message on the devices page states tha the AMD HDMI Output AMD High Def Audio...
  6. Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers: My speakers/sound stopped working after a large Windows download recently. I have an HP Pavilion Elite Model HPC 410t which HP says is retired. There are no drivers on the HP support site . The message on the devices page states tha the AMD HDMI Output AMD High Def Audio...
  7. Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers

8. laptop is missing audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop is missing audio driver: Im currently using an asus vivobook 14/15 on a Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22623.891, and it cant seem to detect any audio devices. I tried checking the device manager as well but the sound tab is missing.included are the screenshots of my system...
  9. Sound missing on Toshiba Laptop

Sound missing on Toshiba Laptop: After doing a complete restore of my Toshiba satellite pro laptop I had no sound and there was a little red X on the speaker symbol on the taskbar. I have installed Realtek Audio Driver and although it shows up in PROGRAMS it does not appear on SOUND DEVICES in Device...
  10. Missing Drivers after Windows Updates - Sound and DVD Drive

Missing Drivers after Windows Updates - Sound and DVD Drive: Hi all, My time on Windows 10 has been good so far. But the latest round of Windows Updates has given me sound driver and CD/DVD drive driver issues. Please see images attached. I have a Samsung Series 3 laptop and I am in the UK. I have tried the Samsung Software update...