Windows 10: Sound is muted between dialogues in videos/streams

Discus and support Sound is muted between dialogues in videos/streams in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have pretty weird and annoying issue. When I'm watching a movie/stream, my sound is muting itself between dialogues - it only happens in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Keslaw, Jun 30, 2020.

1. /u/Keslaw Win User

Sound is muted between dialogues in videos/streams

Hello,

I have pretty weird and annoying issue. When I'm watching a movie/stream, my sound is muting itself between dialogues - it only happens in those situations. Someone says something in a movie, MUTE, when the person resumes, it suddenly unmutes. Longer the dialogue is, more mutes I have. It mutes entire sound and it's so annoying. It only happens on my PC, I have HDMI plugged from PC to my TV and from TV I have Optical cable to my soundbar. I have tried to disable Windows enchancements, reinstalling audio/video drivers, setting everything for stereo, changing to 16-bit CD quality. I have no idea how to fix it.

submitted by /u/Keslaw
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Keslaw, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Streaming video, sound adjust automatically

Hi Dannowa12,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible reason why the sound adjusted automatically. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Does this happen only when streaming videos?

In the meantime, I suggest you follow these methods to troubleshoot your laptop:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Change View by from Category to Small Icons/Large Icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 30, 2020
  3. muted app has sound

To be more specific. App is Bitcoin Miner. Ad appears as a video in app window. App still shows muted symbol, but sound is playing. There is a back button that stops the video and reverts app to normal state. Ad doesn't affect apps work. My security is
    far beyond suggested, so there is no malware nor any other unwanted program. Ad is part of the app, but sound somehow circumvents the muting of the app. Mixer shows only that app and system sounds, no other apps appear when sound occur.

RaleDjurdan, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Sound is muted between dialogues in videos/streams

Sound mutes for 15 second when notification pops up.

If I am watching a video on VLC or streaming music on Spotify or any number of things involving sound if I get a notification from Facebook in Chrome or something else it mutes all sounds for about 15 seconds. I tried doing the communications tab and selecting
    "Do Nothing" but it still happens. I have had to turn off sounds on all the applications I run just so I can watch a video or stream without it randomly muting. Is there any way to fix that?

I'm running a Sound Blaster Z sound card connected to Logitech Z906's with an optical cable.

Original title: Sounds being muted

JeffFarnum, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Sound is muted between dialogues in videos/streams

1. Sound is muted between dialogues in videos/streams - Similar Threads - Sound muted between

2. Streaming videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming videos: For the last week or so, when I try to play a video in both the OperaGX and Chrome browser, they will freeze for up to a few minutes before playing. The videos will also freeze if I pause them for more than a minute or so, but if I only pause the video for a few seconds, I...
  3. Streaming videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streaming videos: For the last week or so, when I try to play a video in both the OperaGX and Chrome browser, they will freeze for up to a few minutes before playing. The videos will also freeze if I pause them for more than a minute or so, but if I only pause the video for a few seconds, I...
  4. Sound Muted When Resuming Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Muted When Resuming Video: I'm not sure if this is a Chrome issue an Audio Sub-System or a Driver issue. Background; UNtil a couple of days ago I had an Nvidia GTX 960 that I connected to my HDTV with an HDMI cable. I ran the video and audio through the GTX 960, into the TV and out to my speaker...
  5. Streaming video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streaming video: Due to self isolation I am unable to see my Son, we used to meet up twice a week to watch videos together ( currently Viking’s and Walking Dead ) Can anyone suggest a program ( or method ) whereby I can play the video and my Son can watch it at the same time at his home,...
  6. Streaming Videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Streaming Videos: I cannot play videos that are included in an email OR videos in my FB feed disappear as soon as I scroll down to them and are "blurred" out I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and Windows 10 installed; ANY help and/or information is greatly appreciated Thank you...
  7. mute the sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    mute the sound: Previously I would click on the speaker in the task bar and be able to mute or unmute the sound. This is no longer working and I can't seem to change it in the settings. Any advice...
  8. windows 10 has no video streaming sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 has no video streaming sound: I get no sound when running a network streaming video like YouTube. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-has-no-video-streaming-sound/6f5de527-a9d9-4767-a8c8-8d17653175a1
  9. streaming video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    streaming video: Hi. I am running windows 10 and want to stream the video on my PC with my TV which are both on the same network. I had used Samsung smart view but even that has stopped since I updated to 10. I have tried to add the TV to my home group but that doesn`t work either. Any...
  10. Streaming Videos

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Streaming Videos: I'm having a problem with my laptop streaming videos. It is taking a very long time to download them and they play for less than a minute and pause to download more. a small video is taking 10 minutes or longer view. There is very little in my cache. 22995