Windows 10: Sound is not working after updating drivers

Discus and support Sound is not working after updating drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I ran the recommended updates on my drivers and after that for some reason I did not have any sound. Has anyone else had this problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanLegters, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Sound is not working after updating drivers

I ran the recommended updates on my drivers and after that for some reason I did not have any sound. Has anyone else had this problem?

:)

DanLegters, Nov 12, 2020

2. Sound doesn't work - but driver won't reinstall

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I would suggest you to go to the device manager and check if the sound drivers are installed. If installed please update the drivers and check.

Step 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager, expand “sound, video and game controllers”
      and check if any sound drivers are installed.

• If yes, right click on the driver and hit update.
    Or else go the manufacturer website and install the latest driver.

Step 2: Also run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Sound drivers not working.

Hi Josh,

I suggest you follow the given steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Click on the drop down arrow beside Check Device Manager for different options to troubleshoot.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Sound is not working after updating drivers

sound not working

Hello Austin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Sound is not working after updating drivers

1. Sound is not working after updating drivers - Similar Threads - Sound working updating

2. Sound not working after updating audio drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound not working after updating audio drivers: Hey, after an automatic update from Windows Update on my Acer Nitro AN515-55 my sound both speakers and headphones stopped working and when you test the speakers it will give you a pop-up window with "Failed to play test note.". To repair that, I uninstalled the audio driver...
  3. Lost sound driver after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost sound driver after update: This happens every time there is an update. I cannot recall how I fixed it before. Already tried going to Device Manager and trying to update the driver. Only one shows there and cannot fix it. This i why I HATE these updates....
  4. NO AUDIO after updating sound driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NO AUDIO after updating sound driver: Hello. I've recently installed the newest Realtek Audio Driver, but then my audio simply stopped working. There's audio going up on my mixer, but nothing comes off from my headphone or speaker. I've tried uninstalling the driver and installing all again. But nothing...
  5. Sound drivers 1903 not working after update 1809 working fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound drivers 1903 not working after update 1809 working fine: Hi I have creative audigy 2 I have rollback each time after updating. After updating sound does not work. Have tried updating drivivers etc still nothing...
  6. Sound Driver not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Driver not working: Hi, I've been having this problem for a while, my sound will go completely out on my computer. It's not the volume, and looking at the device manager, there's a problem with Intel Smart Sound Technology IntelR SST OED Properties. It'll have the error as this: Windows has...
  7. No sound after updating graphics drivers

No sound after updating graphics drivers: I booted up my computer the other day and was greeting with a message saying my nvidia graphics drivers needed to be updated. After installing the update, I had no sound on my computer. I tried to look up the problem and found that others had had the same one, but there does...
  8. After updating the driver there is no sound in my pc.

After updating the driver there is no sound in my pc.: I have Synaptics SmartAudio HD in my PC. I updated it and there is no sound after that. This is fourth or fifth time I am facing this problem. I searched for solutions and got one. I uninstalled the driver and restarted PC , sound came back. Every time I do that and sound...
  9. Audio sounds horrible after driver update

Audio sounds horrible after driver update: Earlier I updated some of my drivers including audio device drivers (Realtek Audio 6.0.1.8475), but since I updated it, my audio has sounded horrible and I haven't been able to fix it. For some reason now voices are absurdly quiet on everything, games, music, videos, etc....
  10. No sound after updating drivers

No sound after updating drivers: Hello, I have recently tried to update sound drivers and I've lost all sound output after that. The sound test shows working but there's no sound. Nothing I've tried helped. Rolled back the drivers, running diagnostics..I even reinstalled the windows still have the same...