Windows 10: Sound is not working on my laptop after update?

Discus and support Sound is not working on my laptop after update? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I check my speakers, there is a red X beside the speaker symbol. I tried to troubleshoot it, but it said it could not identify the problem. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jwhiff, Oct 12, 2018.

1. jwhiff Win User

Sound is not working on my laptop after update?

When I check my speakers, there is a red X beside the speaker symbol. I tried to troubleshoot it, but it said it could not identify the problem. I checked Device Manager and I saw that my Intel High Definition Audio driver in my 'Other Devices' section had a yellow triangle beside it, meaning that the drivers were not installed for whatever reason. So I tried to update the driver but nothing happened. I checked 'Sound' and I saw that there were no playback or recording devices listed. Please help me fix this, this is ridiculous. Thank you.

:)

jwhiff, Oct 12, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound is not working on my laptop after update? :p

cadaveca, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Sound is not working on my laptop after update?

windows 10 sound schmes not working

Since you have already updated the sound drivers on your computer, we suggest that you run the sound troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below on how to do it:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the bottom right corner of the computer and select
      Troubleshoot sound problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Robelene Win, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Sound is not working on my laptop after update?

1. Sound is not working on my laptop after update? - Similar Threads - Sound working laptop

2. My sound is not working after updating Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound is not working after updating Windows 11: My HP laptop no longer has sound - the speaker icon has an x and when I go to my sound settings it says I have no output or input devices. Yet when I go to device manager, under "sounds, video and game controllers" it says that I have IntelR Display Audio. My laptop was...
  3. My sound is not working after updating Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My sound is not working after updating Windows 11: My HP laptop no longer has sound - the speaker icon has an x and when I go to my sound settings it says I have no output or input devices. Yet when I go to device manager, under "sounds, video and game controllers" it says that I have IntelR Display Audio. My laptop was...
  4. Sound is not working after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound is not working after updating drivers: I ran the recommended updates on my drivers and after that for some reason I did not have any sound. Has anyone else had this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-not-working-after-updating-drivers/0ac99e9d-e3a7-409c-884f-beb4f26039a0
  5. My sound is not working after windows 10 update

My sound is not working after windows 10 update: My sound is not working after windows 10 update recent update spoil my sound. I can hear sound in speakers or headphones. Please help me to solve out this issue...
  6. No Sound on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound on laptop after windows update: Today my laptop did a windows update and now I have no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-laptop-after-windows-update/46fd183e-4915-4c71-8a98-8aa3e91a2dc6
  7. HP laptop sound stopped working after the updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP laptop sound stopped working after the updates: After I down loaded latest updates, the audio stopped working and history of the update showed "failed to install - 0x800705b4 (Realtek Semicoductor Corp - Media. What I should do to resolve this problem...
  8. No sound coming from my laptop after an update.

No sound coming from my laptop after an update.: I was watching a movie when my laptop restarted for an update. After that, I could hear no sound either from the inbuilt speakers or using headphones. My laptop uses Realtek sound drivers as the default. I have tried reinstalling, updating, rolling back the drivers. But I can...
  9. sound on my laptop not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound on my laptop not working: I have an HP Laptop with Windows 10 OS. I cannot hear sounds from. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/sound-on-my-laptop-not-working/ca725714-32a7-4341-82d2-76f979b4d0ea
  10. Sound not working after laptop sleep

Sound not working after laptop sleep: Hello, I have been experiencing an audio problem very recently with my laptop (Model Schenker C505). Whenever I close my laptop lid, and make my laptop go to sleep, the audio will not reactivate once I wake it up. However, a restart of the system seems to do the trick...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp laptop sound not working after update

2. there is a yellow triangle beside my realtek sound drive how do i fix it

3. my sound is not working on my laptop after update