Windows 10: Sound is stuck at maximum

Discus and support Sound is stuck at maximum in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, Had this issue for quite a while now where my volume is always maximum. My sound keys (F2, F3) do decrease the volume bar in the top left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BourneyBoy2000, Jun 14, 2019 at 3:37 PM.

1. Sound is stuck at maximum

Hi guys,

Had this issue for quite a while now where my volume is always maximum. My sound keys (F2, F3) do decrease the volume bar in the top left but the actual volume in my ear remains at maximum. Even manually changing the volume mixer doesn't change the sound. It is a massive problem as random system sounds and games launching causes the volume to deafen me. I've tried reinstalling my drivers but nothings working. The only solution i have found to this problem is by lowering volume levels on apps like Netflix and Youtube.

Thanks in advance

:)

BourneyBoy2000, Jun 14, 2019 at 3:37 PM
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound is stuck at maximum :p

3. joeyck Win User
    [FS][US]   AMD x6 + AM2+ motherboard + DDR2 RAM + Sound Card = Insanely low price!

Sound is stuck at maximum [​IMG]

Just added this bad boy to the list! Insanely good sound card allows for maximum audio quality from BF3. Good to hear foot steps. All in all just a bad @55 card

4. fireberd Win User

Sound is stuck at maximum

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

Thema:

Sound is stuck at maximum

1. Sound is stuck at maximum - Similar Threads - Sound stuck maximum

2. Windows Mail Maximum Number Of Accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Mail Maximum Number Of Accounts: Hello Microsoft Community, Is there a limit to how many email accounts you can have in the Windows Mail app on Windows 10? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks....
  3. No sound. Windows audio is stuck at "stopping"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound. Windows audio is stuck at "stopping": Sound stopped. Normal checks did not help. Went into services. Widows audio stuck at "stopping" How do I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-windows-audio-is-stuck-at-stopping/ae8e6930-ed91-4b54-bba5-be39139a6b63
  4. A question about "Maximum Memory" in msconfig

in Windows 10 Customization
    A question about "Maximum Memory" in msconfig: Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Home 64 bit with 8.00 GB ram. 6.93 GB is usable, but when I tick "Maximum Memory" it changes to "5.95 GB usable". Does anybody know why? The value for the setting is 0. Thanks...
  5. maximum memory

maximum memory: Why won't maximum memory save settings in boot advanced options. I tried with it checked and without. I clicked on "make all boot settings permanent. Apply and hit ok, when I go back into it nothing was saved or changed. Please help...
  6. The frequency and maximum load of the processor is limited

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The frequency and maximum load of the processor is limited: Windows 10 Pro 1803. The frequency and maximum load of the processor is limited, although the "High performance" power plan is included and there are no limits. Sometimes when I change power plan and reboot PC, the limiter is remove, but not for long time.[ATTACH]...
  7. Middle mouse scrolling maximum speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Middle mouse scrolling maximum speed: I'm doing a lot of Excel work at the moment so need to be able to scroll efficiently vertically and horizontally. I find the speed of the middle mouse hold scrolling really frustrating, since it goes very slow then immediately jumps to insanely fast and I'm down at row 20000....
  8. Maximum processor state?

in Windows 10 Support
    Maximum processor state?: Hi all, I'm not a techie so please bear with me. I just purchased a new laptop. HP with Windows 10 OS. AMD A6-9220 Dual-Core processor and 4 gig of ram. After it's initial setup and removing all the bloatware/crapware, most of the apps and disabling everything in the...
  9. Black space in maximum resolution?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black space in maximum resolution?: I recently upgraded a Dell Dimension E520 from XP to Windows 10. I'm having trouble getting an Acer AL2016W monitor to fit in its maximum resolution of 1680x1050. When i choose this resolution in the Display Settings, the screen is pushed to the right and a black space...
  10. Maximum drive size in a dock?

Maximum drive size in a dock?: I have a Dell T3400 with SATA 3 drives internally, and an outboard drive dock connected via USB 3.0. How can I determine the maximum drive size I can use in the dock? (Dell--and my own experience--say the internal drives can be up to 2 TB, but I don't know if that's a real...