Windows 10: Sound is stuck at maximum

Discus and support Sound is stuck at maximum in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, Had this issue for quite a while now where my volume is always maximum. My sound keys (F2, F3) do decrease the volume bar in the top left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BourneyBoy2000, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Sound is stuck at maximum

Hi guys,

Had this issue for quite a while now where my volume is always maximum. My sound keys (F2, F3) do decrease the volume bar in the top left but the actual volume in my ear remains at maximum. Even manually changing the volume mixer doesn't change the sound. It is a massive problem as random system sounds and games launching causes the volume to deafen me. I've tried reinstalling my drivers but nothings working. The only solution i have found to this problem is by lowering volume levels on apps like Netflix and Youtube.

Thanks in advance

:)

BourneyBoy2000, Jun 14, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound is stuck at maximum :p

cadaveca, Jun 14, 2019
  3. joeyck Win User
    [FS][US]   AMD x6 + AM2+ motherboard + DDR2 RAM + Sound Card = Insanely low price!

Sound is stuck at maximum [​IMG]

Just added this bad boy to the list! Insanely good sound card allows for maximum audio quality from BF3. Good to hear foot steps. All in all just a bad @55 card

joeyck, Jun 14, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound is stuck at maximum

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Sound is stuck at maximum

1. Sound is stuck at maximum - Similar Threads - Sound stuck maximum

2. Sound stuck at max

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound stuck at max: Hello, I am having an issue where my Realtek speakers on my laptop are always playing very loudly at what seems like max volume, no matter what I set the volume to, unless it is muted. If it is muted the sound is silent as expected. Otherwise, the volume slider from 1 to 100...
  3. Sound stuck at max

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound stuck at max: Hello, I am having an issue where my Realtek speakers on my laptop are always playing very loudly at what seems like max volume, no matter what I set the volume to, unless it is muted. If it is muted the sound is silent as expected. Otherwise, the volume slider from 1 to 100...
  4. sound stuck on max

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound stuck on max: its like the volume button is jammed, though i dont know how, as wasnt pressing the volume, when it suddenly shout up. Keep pressing volume f3 and side volumes, to try and unstick, if that is the issue. press volume down and its fight the up, and runs straight back up the...
  5. Boost [ Increase ] Maximum Sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boost [ Increase ] Maximum Sound.: My Laptops Maximum Volume is NOT loud enough. I did see a post a while back on here from a member that I think recommended a FREE bit of Software [ Equaliser ] that would Increase the Volume past the Maximum Volume Setting, but typically, I can NOT find it now. Because this...
  6. CPU Maximum Frequency Stuck at 31%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU Maximum Frequency Stuck at 31%: Hey everyone, I'm at a bit of a loss here. Been doing research for a while now but I just can't seem to find out why my laptop is slow. It's an older one (6 years now), with an i7 4710HQ processor (2.5 GHz, boost to 3.5 GHz) and 16 GB DDR3 RAM. It used to be just fine, but...
  7. CPU Maximum frequency stuck at 22%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Maximum frequency stuck at 22%: I've noticed my Dell Inspiron 5570's CPU usage in task manager has been stuck at a very low number, around 10 - 20% recently and as a result is slower than usual to the point where even simple applications such as Youtube take minutes to load if they manage to. I found the...
  8. How to make windows 10 maximum sound louder

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make windows 10 maximum sound louder: How to make windows 10 maximum sound louder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-windows-10-maximum-sound-louder/729df068-b474-455e-8882-2e00c74b29ea
  9. maximum memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    maximum memory: Why won't maximum memory save settings in boot advanced options. I tried with it checked and without. I clicked on "make all boot settings permanent. Apply and hit ok, when I go back into it nothing was saved or changed. Please help...
  10. Maximum processor state?

in Windows 10 Support
    Maximum processor state?: Hi all, I'm not a techie so please bear with me. I just purchased a new laptop. HP with Windows 10 OS. AMD A6-9220 Dual-Core processor and 4 gig of ram. After it's initial setup and removing all the bloatware/crapware, most of the apps and disabling everything in the...