Windows 10: Sound is too low in some applications, and too loud in others after upgrading motherboard.

Discus and support Sound is too low in some applications, and too loud in others after upgrading motherboard. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday I built a PC and put in a new motherboard and processor. Today when i watched a video on youtube, the volume was VERY low. I had to turn the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MysteriousHub, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Sound is too low in some applications, and too loud in others after upgrading motherboard.

Yesterday I built a PC and put in a new motherboard and processor. Today when i watched a video on youtube, the volume was VERY low. I had to turn the youtube volume up all the way, and my headphone volume up ALL the way to be able to here it at a decent level. I used to only have my headphone volume at 50% and if i raised it, sometimes it would get too loud. So what is now 100% volume used to be 50% volume. I spent literally half the day today trying to fix it, i downloaded all kinds of audio drivers, Realtek (which i already had), dolby digital, Nahimic, nothing worked. I opened sony vegas and the volume is low there too. I opened an MP3 song that i had installed, it was too low (btw when i turned the volume up all the way on that song, it wasnt loud enough BUT i could hear a "whizzing" sound from my headphone speakers as if the bass was turned all the way up but no sound was getting through... you know?) then i finally gave up... i opened a game (battlefield 1) put on my headphones... and BAAAM THE VOLUME WAS SO LOUD!!!! even when i turned my headphone volume all the way down it was loud. When i messed with the ingame sound settings, something weird happened. On the volume scale (0 - 100%) when i changed the volume from anywhere to like 20% to 100%.. there was almost NO volume level change.,.. only when i changed the ingame volume from 0% to 20% did i hear a volume level difference. What is going on? Btw there is NOT an "enhancements" tab in the sound settings.. i know u were thinking that but no. You wouldnt believe how many sources were saying that was the problem. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled AND updated all kinds of audio drivers and nothing changed... please help

:)

MysteriousHub, Jun 27, 2019
  2. smith256 Win User

Sound is too low for windows 10

Try these steps:

• Open the Sound menu (as shown in your second screenshot).

• Right-click on your speakers (or the audio output you want to amplify), and select Properties.

• Go to the Enhancements tab.

• Check the Loudness Equalization option.
    This makes quiet sounds louder, loud sounds quieter.

smith256, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Headphone sound is too loud, even on low settings.

Hi,

Several factors can contribute to the issue with sound levels in your headphones being to loud to the point of being distorted. This could be caused by device drivers that need to be updated or settings we need to reconfigure. For us to resolve your concern,
    kindly answer the questions below:

• Does the problem only occur with these particular headphones? It's possible the headphones have their own volume controls.
    • Where do your have the headphones plugged in, is it on the speaker out on the back of motherboard, the headphone out or an external USB sound card?

There are multiple volume controls available in Windows 10 depending on what's installed. The sound card itself may have its own set of volume controls, so check for any programs related to the sound card.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Sound is too low in some applications, and too loud in others after upgrading motherboard.

Sound keep going in and out it will be loud then get low in Windows 10.

Original Title: sound

why does my sound keep going in and out it will be loud then get low how do I fix this ?

TaliahJohnson, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Sound is too low in some applications, and too loud in others after upgrading motherboard.

1. Sound is too low in some applications, and too loud in others after upgrading motherboard. - Similar Threads - Sound too low

2. Sound is too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound is too low: I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 and my audio drivers are up to date. the sound is at 100 but its very low... Help Ican hardly distinguish the sounds! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-too-low/3c950915-e7e1-4adf-aee8-91a1dcc3bd95
  3. Sound is too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound is too low: I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 and my audio drivers are up to date. the sound is at 100 but its very low... Help Ican hardly distinguish the sounds! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-too-low/3c950915-e7e1-4adf-aee8-91a1dcc3bd95
  4. Sound Too Low After Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Too Low After Update: I can barely hear now that Windows just did two updates AND apparently the Realtek driver was updated.I have an HP Inspiron 3670 desktop. This has happened before. I have checked ALL the settings--every darn thing I know of, including Maxx Audio Pro, which comes with the...
  5. Loudspeakers too loud?

Loudspeakers too loud?: I bought the Logitech G560. The problem is that if you set the volume to 2, they are already quite loud. It doesn't matter whether you press the louder/quieter buttons on the speaker or use the speaker icon on the Windows 10 taskbar (well, actually to the right of the...
  6. Headphone Sound Too Low

Headphone Sound Too Low: My headphone sounds are too low on my win 10 and I have heard of loudness equalizer but there is no such enhancement in my lapto what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-sound-too-low/a0942d45-4dc8-4c8b-a58e-9e990df2be9c
  7. Sound with Notifivations is TOO LOUD

Sound with Notifivations is TOO LOUD: Hi folks New to Windows 10. On my wife's new laptop, when a notification occurs, there is a muted tone. On my newly-installed Windows 10 Pro, it is far TOO LOUD and I can't figure out a way to reduce the volume. Example. I browse to a new page in Google and I get a brief...
  8. Sound with Notifivations is TOO LOUD

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound with Notifivations is TOO LOUD: Hi folks New to Windows 10. On my wife's new laptop, when a notification occurs, there is a muted tone. On my newly-installed Windows 10 Pro, it is far TOO LOUD and I can't figure out a way to reduce the volume. Example. I browse to a new page in Google and I get a brief...
  9. Audio too loud even if the volume level is low

Audio too loud even if the volume level is low: I used to set the level to around 60%, however now I get the same loudness from 6 - 8%. This happened suddenly when I ran Audacity. The device I am using is Logitech G633 Gaming Headset. I have so far tried several solutions from other similar questions posted here and on...
  10. Sound volume is too low.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound volume is too low.: Accidently, I labeled my speakers as headphones on the pop up window you get when an audio device is plugged in. To make maters worse, I clicked to never show me that pop up again. Since then, my sound volume is too low. It's around half of what it used to be and I can find...