Windows 10: sound isnt working

Discus and support sound isnt working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC sound isn't working and I've tried everything. I've uninstalled it and restarted my PC like 100 times. I know my headset isn't the problem either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alix_887, Jun 28, 2020.

1. alix_887 Win User

sound isnt working

My PC sound isn't working and I've tried everything. I've uninstalled it and restarted my PC like 100 times. I know my headset isn't the problem either because I plugged in a different one and it still didn't work. At this point I've considered buying a new PC. If anyone can help me fix this, please do.

:)

alix_887, Jun 28, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound isnt working :p

cadaveca, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

sound isnt working

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

sound isnt working

1. sound isnt working - Similar Threads - sound isnt working

2. mic isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mic isnt working: my brand new mic works on other devices but refuses to give a squeak on my pc. its a usb mic. ive done everything suggested in help forums and it still isnt working. ive also tried with airpods and none of the options i have worked, yet they worked elsewhere, so i know this...
  3. Sound isnt working and Minecraft is on 2fps after windows issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound isnt working and Minecraft is on 2fps after windows issue: Hi, my windows computer was having a little issue and it was like just a black screen with just my mouse there. Before it showed the black screen, there was an error message that popped up that said some sort of script thing that was like 'cannot find script host.' I know I...
  4. Sound isnt working and Minecraft is on 2fps after windows issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound isnt working and Minecraft is on 2fps after windows issue: Hi, my windows computer was having a little issue and it was like just a black screen with just my mouse there. Before it showed the black screen, there was an error message that popped up that said some sort of script thing that was like 'cannot find script host.' I know I...
  5. BLUETOOTH ISNT WORKING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BLUETOOTH ISNT WORKING: So I have been using a school issued laptop and a variety of problems have ensued such as the touch pad not working unless connected with a wireless mouse, the wifi signal going out and showing no available networks, and most recently, not showing the bluetooth device but...
  6. No Sound And Mic Isnt Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound And Mic Isnt Working: My sound isnt working in any apps and my mic isnt working in any apps either. When I try and test mic in settings it shows that there is sound coming from my mic but when I go into discord it says there isnt any sound at all. Also my sound isnt working in any apps but when I...
  7. my video sound isnt working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my video sound isnt working: i just made a video on my computer but it's not playing the sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-video-sound-isnt-working/fa6a96e4-8c73-40a3-897a-10316b80f6ab
  8. Microphone isnt working

Microphone isnt working: Hi, I have a HP pavilion x360 laptop. It has a built-in microphone and it isn't working. If there is a loud sound, it will detect it kind of, and it picks up some background noise. But it cant detect voices. All drivers are up to date and the troubleshooter says there is no...
  9. coranta isnt working

in Cortana
    coranta isnt working: excuse me why coranta is just saying my connection is funky or some thing like this although my connection is fine . she is keeping to say it . i`m signed into my account by the way...
  10. Why isnt my sound not working?

Why isnt my sound not working?: Hello, I am making a forum post in regards to my Windows 10 sound failing to work. Even when I unplug my headphones, nothing will play. The only time I hear sound is when I plug my headphones into my microphone, the Blue Yeti. I have researched and tried multiple help guides...