Windows 10: Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809

Discus and support Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the Windows update I had no audio. I can get the audio to work by running the audio troubleshooter and then rebooting. However, I have to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rustym, Mar 7, 2019.

1. rustym Win User

Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809

After the Windows update I had no audio. I can get the audio to work by running the audio troubleshooter and then rebooting. However, I have to do this each time I start up the computer. How do I get the Troubleshooter "fix" to be permanent?

:)

rustym, Mar 7, 2019

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Sound issue swith Windows 10

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing sound issue with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809 - Similar Threads - Sound issue Update

2. No Sound After Installing Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound After Installing Windows 10 1809: No sound after installing 1809. Ran trouble shooter for the volume and it didn't do any good, I'm not surprised. I restarted… no good. Any more ideas??? James...
  3. Windows 10 Update after 1809 update NO SOUND whilst switching users

Windows 10 Update after 1809 update NO SOUND whilst switching users: Hi, Since I installed 1809 update I have had issues with sound, i.e. NO SOUND.I have done ALL the options available to me via various websites, yet when switching between users on my PC (We have 5 users) the sound gets lost...I have even installed a new Sound card thinking...
  4. No sound after Win 10 1809 update

No sound after Win 10 1809 update: Every time I boot up in my account, I have no sound. The usual method of repair, uninstalling the sound drivers and rebooting, works, but only once. I have to do this each time I turn on my computer. So far there is no permanent fix. IDT High Definition Audio CODEC is what I...
  5. Issues while playing sound using DTS audio after Windows 10 1809 update

Issues while playing sound using DTS audio after Windows 10 1809 update: Hello .. I was found a problem after update to latest Win10 1809. It is a clean installation (not upgrade) on two different PCs. One is my working PC Gigabyte Z170 DDR3 with i7 6700K with integrated Realtek sound chipset... I using Sony MDR-DS6500 with SPDIF connection.....
  6. After 1809 update there's a constant issues with disappearing sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After 1809 update there's a constant issues with disappearing sound: Steps: 1. Create 2 users 2. Login as User 2 3. Wait till PC go sleeping 4. Start PC 5. Login as User 1 Error => No sound (except in dialogs for sound configuration) Woraround: reboot PC...
  7. Windows 10 Update 1809 Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update 1809 Issue: Ok, I want to start this post saying I am heated but trying not to let it get to me as to make an informative and purposeful post. This evening I updated to Windows version 1809. I had heard from a friend that they added a night theme and a couple other features i was...
  8. Windows 10 update 1809 disabled sound

Windows 10 update 1809 disabled sound: Update 1809, I get no sound whatsoever. Not through my sdpeakers or headphones. Nothing, no matter what I tried (I tried a command prompt to check for corrupt drivers, reinstalled them, checked the default device ect. all of that). So I looked around and apparantly this is a...
  9. No sound after windows update 1809

No sound after windows update 1809: Hi there, my windows installed the 1809 update, not a new installation, and since then I have no sound? I run the troubleshooter which resolves the issue until i turn off/restart the computer then no sound again? Can't seem to find the option to roll back on the update....
  10. Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update

Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update: hello , Yesterday I installed the 1809 update , and today i noticed that each time i restart my laptop the brightness level is being reset automatically to 0% or 25-50 i'm not really sure , and after windows will boot up , i will need to manually adjust the screen brightness...